- The Windows 10 Print Management can be missing due to various reasons, and today we'll show you how to fix it.
- Updating your drivers with a specialized software is the fastest way to fix this issue.
- Clearing files for certain printer services might also help with printing problems on your PC.
- When the printmanagement.msc in Windows 10 Pro is missing, you should be able to fix it with built-in system tools.
Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions have a Print Management utility. However, some users have said on Microsoft’s forum that their Print Management tools are missing.
Those users can’t find Print Management in Administrative Tools and open that utility. One user forum post said this:
I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and I can’t find Print Management anywhere. Also, printmanagement.msc is not available. I suspect other Windows 10 Pro administration utilities are also missing.
Other users also reported variations of this anomaly, so let’s check them out before we begin the troubleshooting.
Where can this error appear and what should I expect?
- Windows cannot find printmanagement.msc
- Print management console install failed
- Print Management missing from administrative tools
- Windows 10 Print Management not showing printers/all printers missing
- More Windows versions can be impacted (Print Management missing in Windows 11 or 8.1, but also in Windows 10 Home/Pro 20h2/2004)
- Print Management missing Server 2012 r2/2008 r2
- Print Management Snap In missing
How can I fix a missing Print Management utility?
1. Update the printer driver
Updating the printer driver can help fix a wide range of printer-related issues. You can check if you need to update your printer’s driver with driver updater software.
Driver updater software will list all your PC’s devices with outdated drivers and enable you to quickly download and install updated ones.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Add the Print Management tool to Windows 10 version 2004
- First, press the Windows + S keyboard shortcut to open a search tool.
- Enter the keyword features in the Type here to search text box.
- Click Add an optional feature to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Add a feature button.
- Type print management in the optional feature search box.
- Select the Print Management utility, and click the Install button.
This is a simple method that can help if Print Management missing. This solution can also help if you’re getting print program error in Photoshop so be sure to try it out.
3. Clean the Print Spooler
- Press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Next, type this command in Run’s Open box and click OK:
- Double-click Print Spooler to open the properties window for that service.
- Click the Stop button on the Print Spooler Properties window.
- Next, click the Apply button to save the setting. Click OK to close the Print Spooler Properties window.
- Open the Run window again.
- Type this command into Run and press Enter:
- Press the Ctrl + A key combination to select all content within the folder that opens.
- Click Delete on the Home tab to erase all the selected files.
- Return to the Print Spooler Properties window.
- Click Start to reactive the service.
- Select the Automatic setting on the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Don’t forget to select the Apply option to save the settings.
- Then click OK to close the window.
This is a quick fix that can fix all printing problems, and it can even help if Firefox is printing blank pages.
4. Run a system file scan
- First, open the Windows 10 search box.
- Input cmd into the search box.
- Click the Run as administrator option for the Command Prompt search result.
- Before running a system file scan, input this command and hit Enter:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Thereafter, enter this command and click OK to start a system file scan:
- Wait for the scan to reach 100% verification.
- Restart your PC if the scan outcome says Windows Resource Protection repaired corrupt files.
Corruption of system files can cause Print Management to become missing on Windows 10, but you should be able to fix it with these steps.
5. Reset or reinstall Windows 10
- Launch Settings with its Windows + I hotkey.
- Select Update & Security to open options for Windows Update.
- Then click the Recovery tab in the screenshot directly below.
- Click Get started to open the Reset this PC tool.
- Select the Keep my files option.
- Press the Next button, and click Reset to confirm.
Note: Some users have confirmed they’ve fixed the missing printmanagement.msc tool by reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB stick.
Our guide on how to reinstall Windows 10 provides further details on how to reinstall the platform via USB flash drivers.
Those fixes will likely restore a missing Print Management tool in Windows 10 for most users.
There might, however, be more ways to fix the same issue; and users who have restored a missing Print Management tool with other resolutions are welcome to share their methods in the comment section.