KB4505903 cumulative update breaks your Bluetooth speakers
The new CU’s were meant to solve some issues with the previous ones, but it seems that they still cause problems for many Windows 10 users, especially with Bluetooth speakers.
KB4505903 is causing issues with Bluetooth
Microsoft silently released a support document in which addresses the problem with KB4505903 and Bluetooth speakers:
- A Bluetooth speaker can’t connect to the computer.
- A Bluetooth speaker can connect to the computer. However, the speaker output sounds noisy (bad quality).
- A Bluetooth speaker can connect to the computer. However, the sound is generated by the internal speaker instead of the Bluetooth device.
So, if you have Windows 10 v1903 on your PC with internal speakers installed, you may encounter one of the above mentioned bugs.
Additionally, in Device Manager, under Sound, video and game controllers, you will see a yellow exclamation mark next to Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp Source.
How can I solve the Bluetooth connection problem in Windows 10 v1903?
Fortunatelly, Microsoft has a workaround. For now, you can solve the problem by running the sfc /scannow command to repair missing or corrupted system files:
- In the Windows search box type cmd, right-click the first result, and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window type sfc /scannow.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the process to finish and then restart your PC.
If you’re having trouble accessing Command Prompt as an admin, then you better take a closer look at this guide.
This is a pretty simple workaround that might fix your Bluetooth problem.
Have you encountered similar issues with KB4505903?
Leave your answer in the comments section below and we’ll surely take a look.
- FIX: Windows Server does not support Bluetooth
- The latest Surface Go firmware update boosts Bluetooth connectivity
- Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 [EXPERT FIX]
A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message: Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with […]
Some users have reported that they are having problems when trying to log in their Uplay client. Apparently, they receive an error message that looks […]