Download the Windows 10 August Patch Tuesday Updates today
It’s Patch Tuesday again and Microsoft will start releasing the August 2019 cumulative updates.
Download links for every version of Windows 10
The Redmond giant is releasing updates for the latest Windows 10 May update as well as versions 1809, 1803, 1709, 1703, 1607, and the original version of Windows 10.
Here are the direct download links to the Microsoft Update Catalog website:
- Download KB4512508 for Windows 10 v1903
- Download KB4511553 for Windows 10 v1809
- Download KB4512501 for Windows 10 v1803
- Download KB4512516 for Windows 10 1709
- Download KB4512507 for Windows 10 1703
- Download KB4512517 for Windows 10 1607
- Download KB4512497 for Windows 10 1507
Windows 10 v1903 gets some fixes
With KB4512508 come some bug fixes and improvements, but no new features. If you’re on the latest Windows 10 feature update, you can download build 18362.295 that includes the following fixes:
- Addresses an issue that may prevent devices from starting up or cause them to continue restarting if they are connected to a domain that is configured to use MIT Kerberos realms. Domain controllers and domain members are both affected.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, Windows MSXML, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
There are also some known issues in this update, as follows:
- Windows Sandbox may fail to start with “ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)” on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903. – Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
- Devices that start up using Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) may fail to start with the error “Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed” after installing this update on a WDS server. – For mitigation instructions, see KB4512816. We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
Install Windows 10 August Patch Tuesday updates
If you want to download the updates manually, you can go to Microsoft’s update catalog.
To avoid any unwanted bugs, remember to back up your data before updating, just to be safe. You can always roll back to the previous version in case something goes wrong.
Keep visiting Windowsreport.com to learn more about this month’s Patch Tuesday updates.
- How to fix performance issues after installing Patch Tuesday updates
- Patch Tuesday updates bricked Event Viewer? Use this fix
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]
While using the Power Bi desktop app you may face some issues with your data and file. One such error is related to Power Bi […]
The built-in Windows Photos app allows you to edit photos as well as play videos of multiple formats apart from viewing images. Sometime, the app […]