Syncing an email account with Windows 10 Mail is a piece of cake for the majority of users, but can be tougher for others. For example, most Gmail and Outlook users have no problems connecting their accounts with the Mail app, but Yahoo users often have trouble signing in.
While it may seem like an error, in actuality users logging in with Yahoo are required to enable a certain setting in Windows 10’s Mail app first.
If you’re using Yahoo mail and have problems syncing it with the Windows 10 Mail app, here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to your Yahoo account in a browser (www.mail.yahoo.com)
- Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, and choose Account Info
- Now go to Account security, and turn on Allow apps that use less secure sign in
- Save the changes.
After doing this, try logging in with your Yahoo mail account to Windows 10’s Mail app and you should have no problems.
For some reason Yahoo recognizes Windows 10’s Mail app as an app that is less secure than other email clients. So, turning this option off is required to be able to normally sync the two services. A lot of people didn’t know about this which is why they reported it as a problem.
If you experience other problems with Windows 10’s Mail app, check this article out for potential solutions.
In case you have any comments or questions, let us know in the comments below!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to send email to a contact group on Windows 10
- Hackers send emails to Windows users pretending to be from Microsoft’s Support Team
- The Hacked? app for Windows 10 detects breaches in your email account to keep you safe