FIX: Sorry, something went wrong error in Outlook 2013
Outlook is probably one of the most popular email clients since it’s a part of Microsoft Office suite. Even though Outlook is great, Windows 10 users reported Sorry, something went wrong error message while using Outlook 2013.
What to do if something went wrong in Outlook 2013
Fix – Sorry, something went wrong Outlook 2013
Solution 1 – Reinstall Office
If there’s a problem with Outlook 2013, you should be able to fix it simply by reinstalling Microsoft Office. Reinstalling Office is fairly simple, and in order to do it you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings app > System > Apps & features.
- Select Microsoft Office from the list of installed applications and click Uninstall.
- After uninstalling Microsoft Office you need to run the cleanup tool to remove any remaining Microsoft Office files. You can download the cleanup tool from Microsoft’s website. After running the cleanup tool all files and registry keys associated with Microsoft Office should be removed from your PC.
- Now simply install Microsoft Office again.
Reinstalling Office is a drastic solution, but several users reported that it works. If you suspect that your Office installation is corrupt, be sure to reinstall Microsoft Office by following the steps above. Few users are also suggesting to install 32-bit version of Microsoft Office if you’re using 64-bit Windows 10, so you might want to try that as well.
Solution 2 – Repair Office installation
Reinstalling Microsoft Office might be a drastic solution, and usually you can fix the problem by repairing the Office installation. To repair Microsoft Office installation, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Control Panel from the list.
- When Control Panel window opens, click the Programs and Features.
- List of installed applications will appear. Locate Microsoft Office and click the Change button. Alternatively, you can right click Microsoft Office and choose Change from the menu.
- How would you like to repair your Office Programs screen will appear. Be sure to select Online Repair option and click Repair. You can use Quick Repair option that is significantly faster, but this option won’t thoroughly repair Microsoft Office.
After you repair Microsoft Office installation, run Outlook 2013 and check if the problem appears again.
Solution 3 – Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall
Antivirus or firewall can interfere with many applications, and Outlook 2013 is no exception. To prevent this problem from appearing, we suggest that you temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall and check if that fixes the problem. If disabling the antivirus doesn’t help, you might want to remove your antivirus and check if that fixes the problem.
If you’re concerned about your safety, you should know that Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender that will turn on automatically after you disable or uninstall your antivirus so your PC won’t be completely defenseless.
Solution 4 – Delete the temporary files
In order for certain applications to work, Windows stores temporary files in the Temp directory. Sometimes these files can become corrupt and cause Sorry, something went wrong error to appear in Outlook 2013. To fix this problem, it’s advised that you remove temporary files, and you can do that by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %windir%temp. Press Enter or click OK.
- Temp folder will now open. Delete all files and folders from it. Bear in mind that you’ll need administrator privileges in order to delete files from the Temp folder.
After deleting temporary files, try using Outlook 2013 again and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix – “Sorry, something went wrong” Outlook 2013 sending email
Solution 1 – Delete the remembered email addresses
Users reported that Sorry, something went wrong error appears only when sending emails to certain email addresses. According to users, one solution that worked for them is to delete those addresses from the list of remembered addresses. After removing those addresses you need to enter them manually while sending an email in order to fix this problem.
Solution 2 – Delete the problematic contact group
According to users, sometimes a problematic contact group can cause this issue to appear. Users reported that certain groups had blank space followed by semicolon instead of one email address.
Removing the empty space and semicolon didn’t fix the issue according to users, therefore only way to fix this problem is to delete the whole contact group and create it again.
Before deleting the contact group be sure to memorize which email addresses were in it so you can recreate your group easier.
Solution 3 – Reset the autocomplete cache
Autocomplete cache can also cause Sorry, something went wrong error in Outlook 2013 while sending email, and to fix this problem you need to reset autocomplete cache. To do that, go to File > Options > Mail and you should find the option to reset autocomplete cache there.
Fix – “Sorry, something went wrong” Outlook 2013 opening Information Rights Management
Solution – Add your RMS URL to Local Intranet sites
According to users, this error appears when you try to open Information Rights Management. To fix this problem, you need to add your RMS URL to Local Intranet sites. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter internet options. Select Internet Options from the menu.
- Go to Security tab, select Local intranet and click the Sites button.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Enter your RMS URL, click the Add button and then click Close.
Sorry, something went wrong error in Outlook 2013 can prevent you from sending emails and cause many problems, but you can easily fix this error by using one of our solutions.
- How to configure Windows Live Mail for Outlook on Windows 10
- How to import Outlook Express mail to Outlook 2010
- 5 best email finder software
- Top 6 free email spam filters for Windows users
In order to create complex projects that involve large mathematical equations and calculations, it is recommended that you use specialized software to do so. Fortunately […]
Are you sure you want to add, remove or change a mail account message can sometimes appear while using the Mail app. If this happens, […]