Some users have stated on forums that their monitors have a yellow tint after Windows 10 updates. Does your VDU (Visual Display Unit) display a yellow tint? If so, it could be a hardware issue, or you might just need to adjust some display settings in Windows. These are some Windows 10 resolutions that might fix yellow-tinted VDUs.
How can I fix yellow display issues in Windows 10?
- Switch off the night light setting
- Update the graphics card driver
- Add a new default color profile
- Adjust the color enhancement settings
- Check the VDU’s OSD color settings
1. Switch off the night light setting
- Press the Type here to search button on the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Enter the keyword display in Cortana’s search box.
- Select Change display settings to open the Settings window shown directly below.
- Toggle the Night Light option off if it’s on.
2. Update the graphics card driver
Numerous display issues can be fixed by updating the graphics card drivers so it might worth checking to see if there’s a more updated graphics card driver. The quickest way to do that is to utilize driver updater software in Windows or use a dedicated third-party driver updater such as Iobit Driver Booster Pro.
Iobit Driver Booster Pro will help you update drivers automatically and prevent PC damage caused by installing the wrong driver versions. All the drivers that are being installed on your device are being tested for security and authority.
Driver Booster Pro scans your device really fast and once it detects an outdated driver it will update it. If you want to never worry even getting to the point of having outdated drivers, then you can simply activate the auto driver update.
And if any of your external devices, such as your mouse, printer, Wi-Fi or your webcam stopped working or are not responding, one cause could be due to the drivers. In which situation Iobit Driver Booster Pro will download the latest device drivers to solve the issue.
Iobit Driver Booster ProUse Iobit Driver Booster Proto to easily update drivers and fix the yellow tint display in Windows 10.
3. Add a new default color profile
- Enter the keyword color management in Cortana’s search box.
- Select Color Management to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Select your VDU on the Device drop-down menu.
- Select the Use my settings for this device option.
- Press the Add button to open the window shown below.
- Select the sRGB virtual device model profile on the Color Profile window, and press the OK button.
- Then select the sRGB virtual device model profile on the Color Management window, and press the Set as Default Profile button.
4. Adjust the color enhancement settings
Your graphics card’s color settings might not be at their default configuration. If so, restoring color settings to default might fix a yellow tint. You can usually configure color settings with a graphics card’s configuration utility.
For example, to configure Intel color settings, you can right-click the desktop, select Graphics Properties – Display and Color Enhancement to open the options shown directly below.
Look for similar options on NVIDIA and AMD control panels, and restore the color settings to default.
5. Check the VDU’s OSD color settings
Most desktop VDUs also include additional color control settings of some kind. Your desktop’s VDU might include contrast, gamma, hue, saturation, color temp and color tint options on its OSD menu. So check how your monitor’s OSD color settings are configured and make the required adjustments.
Those are some of the resolutions that will probably get rid of yellow tints. If you still can’t fix a monitor’s yellow tint, consider returning the VDU to the manufacturer for repairs if it’s still within a warranty period.
FAQ: Learn more about screen issues
- Why is my screen yellow?
Seems that this issue occurs due to the night light option which is added in latest Windows 10 update. In this article we are covering some simple ways to fix that.
- What is green screen death?
This is a new type of error screen that you can encounter on Windows 10. You can easily fix the green Screen of Death error by updating your drivers or disconnecting all peripherals.
- What is the best color settings for monitor?
It’s best to use a warmer (yellowish) color temperature in dark rooms and a colder (bluer) color temperature in bright rooms. Keep in mind that there are also various tools and settings that can help reduce eye strain while working on a computer.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.