- If your Windows 11 touch screen won't calibrate and it's not working, then check the screen for scratches or dirt.
- Before you try any other solution to fix the issue, you must clean the screen and the pen nib using a microfiber cloth using light pressure.
- You may also need to adjust the calibration, update or reinstall drivers, or check for the latest Windows updates.
Have got a Windows 11 touchscreen laptop that won’t calibrate or not working? That can be frustrating, especially in the case of the devices where the only access option is through the touchscreen.
While the Windows touchscreen devices are known for their smooth functionality, especially with graphically demanding applications, things can go wrong sometimes.
You may come across issues like the touch-enabled display not working or sometimes, the Windows 11 touch screen won’t calibrate at all.
While we have covered how to calibrate the touchscreen on Windows 10, here we will talk about some of the solutions that may help you calibrate the touch screen in Windows 11.
Does the touchscreen work with Windows 11?
Windows 11 is optimized for tactile input, so, if your PC is touchscreen compatible, like a 2-in-one laptop, you should be able to enjoy this experience.
In touch-enabled devices like the Microsoft Surface series, when you detach the keyboard from the device, the OS automatically adapts.
Some of the Windows 11 touch-optimized features include:
- Spaced out taskbar icons for ease of touch
- Larger touch targets, hence, easy to drag and resize
- A refined snapping system that allows you to snap one window over another vertically
- An option to minimize windows with the three-finger swipe
- Haptic feedback with the digital pen
- Touch keyboard similar to SwiftKey
While the Windows 11 OS is well optimized for touchscreen devices like Surface, if you are a fan of the stylus, you would need to calibrate the pen before you use it.
How do I calibrate my Surface pen in Windows 11?
The Microsoft Surface device comes with a built-in handwriting recognition feature that enhances your overall experience with the stylus. However, before you use the Surface pen on Windows 11, you must calibrate it.
- Press the Win + R keys together to launch the Run console.
- In the search bar, type in, control panel and press OK.
- Now, change the View by field to Category and select Hardware and Sound from the list.
- Next, on the right side, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.
- You will now see the Tablet PC Settings dialogue box.
- Under the Display tab, go to Display options, and click on Calibrate.
- In the new dialogue box, select the Pen option and now follow the on-screen instructions to finish the calibration.
Once you are done with the process, the surface pen in Windows 11 will be calibrated.
However, sometimes, you can’t calibrate the touchscreen on Windows 11. Below are a few methods that may help you fix the issue.
How do I calibrate touch screen in Windows 11?
- Does the touchscreen work with Windows 11?
- How do I calibrate my Surface pen in Windows 11?
- How do I calibrate touch screen in Windows 11?
- 1. Download the touch screen driver on Windows 11
- 1.1 Update the touch screen driver
- 1.2 Install the default drivers
- 2. Surface Pro Windows 11 touch screen is not working
- 3. Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working on Windows 11
- 3.1 Check if the device is compatible with Windows 11
- 3.2 Edit the Registry settings
- How do I adjust touch sensitivity in Windows 11?
- How do I disable the touch screen in Windows 11?
1. Download the touch screen driver on Windows 11
1.1 Update the touch screen driver
- Press the Win+ R shortcut key combination to open the Run console.
- In the search field, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Navigate to Human Interface Devices, expand the section, right-click on the device, and select Update driver.
- Next, in the new window, click on Search automatically for drivers.
- Windows will start looking up for the latest drivers on your computer and if the latest version is available, will install them automatically.
Once done, close the Device Manager, restart your PC and check if you can now calibrate the Windows 11 touchscreen after the driver download.
1.2 Install the default drivers
- Press the hotkeys Win + R together to launch the Run console.
- Now, type devmgmt.msc in the search bar and hit Enter.
- In the Device Manager window, expand Human Interfaces Devices, right-click on the touch screen device and select Uninstall.
- You will now see a small confirmation prompt – Uninstall Device. Press Uninstall to confirm the action.
Once the device is completely uninstalled, exit the Device Manager and restart your PC.
Your PC should now automatically install the latest version of the driver and the Windows 11 touchscreen won’t calibrate issue should be fixed now.
2. Surface Pro Windows 11 touch screen is not working
- Press the Win + I shortcut key to launch Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the left and click on Windows Update.
- Now, go to the right and click on Check for updates.
- Once Windows pulls up any recent updates, click to download them on your PC.
Now, restart your PC and the update will be installed automatically.
You can refer to the Microsoft support page for more such Surface touch screen issues and possible solutions for other issues related to the touch screen.
3. Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working on Windows 11
3.1 Check if the device is compatible with Windows 11
Even though you manage to upgrade your PC to the Windows 11 OS, the touch screen will fail to work, because the device is actually not compatible with Windows 11.
Therefore, make sure that your device meets all the Windows 11 system requirements, to ensure that the touch screen works.
3.2 Edit the Registry settings
- Press the keys – Win + R on your keyboard. This will open the Run console.
- In the search bar, type regedit and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the below path in the Registry Editor window:
- Now, go to the right side and double-click on EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled.
- Set the Value data field to 00000000 and press OK to save the changes.
Now, exit Registry Editor, restart your PC, and the Windows touch screen not working issue should be resolved.
For more solutions related to this issue, check our complete guide on how to fix the Lenovo Yoga touchscreen if it’s not working on Windows 11.
However, if none of the above methods work, the Windows 11 touch screen won’t calibrate issues may come up due to faulty hardware.
In this case, carry your laptop to a nearby Lenovo service center and seek assistance to fix the issue.
How do I adjust touch sensitivity in Windows 11?
If you want to change the accuracy with which your screen senses when you use a pen or finger, you can follow the below the steps to adjust the touch screen sensitivity:
Calibrate the touch display:
- Press the shortcut key combination – Win + R keys to open the Run console.
- Type in, control panel in the search field and hit Enter.
- Now, select Category from the View by drop-down and select Hardware and Sound from the list.
- Next, on the right side, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.
- In the Tablet PC Settings dialogue box, check if the monitor in the Display field is the one that you want to calibrate.
- Select the Calibrate button, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you have adjusted the touch sensitivity, the Windows 11 touchscreen won’t calibrate issue should be resolved now.
How do I disable the touch screen in Windows 11?
There could be situations when you do not want to use the touchscreen on your Windows 11 PC. In such a case, you can disable all the touch features easily through the built-in option as below:
- Press the Win +R key combination to launch the Run console.
- Write devmgmt.msc in the search field and hit Enter.
- In the Device Manager window, expand Human Interface Devices.
- Next, right-click on the first HID-compliant touch screen option and select Disable device.
The touchscreen is now disabled temporarily and you can enable it back again if you want or leave it as it is.
If the above methods fail and the touchscreen is still unresponsive, you can follow our detailed guide on Windows 11 touchscreen not working.
Moreover, if you find any other solutions that worked for you to calibrate the touch screen in Windows 11, do leave a comment in the comments box below.