Have you logged in on your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system and you noticed that all your apps went missing? Following the tutorial posted below will show you the options you have in order to get your installed apps back to your operating system and what should you do to prevent this from happening again.
The apps in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 might be deleted or it might be a system malfunction. But with the help of the system restore feature in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 we can get all of these apps back and also see what caused this issue to happen.
Tutorial on how to get your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 apps back if they went missing
- We will try first to reboot your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device and check to see if after the reboot your apps are back to your start screen.
- If the reboot if the operating system you will have to do a virus scan with your antivirus of all the partitions you have and ensure that you don’t have any viruses infecting your system.
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- You now have in front of you the Charms bar.
- Left click or tap on the “Search” feature you have there.
- In the search box you need to write the following: “Control Panel” but without the quotes.
- Left click or tap on the “Control Panel” icon after the search is finished.
- You will have a search box present in the new “Control panel” window you opened. From the search box write the following: “Recover” without the quotes.
- Left click or tap on the “Recovery” feature after the search is finished.
- From the “Recovery” window you need to left click or tap on the “Open system restore” feature.
- From here you need to follow the instructions on the screen to finish the system restore and bring back your operating system to a previous point in time where you did not had the apps issue in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
That is pretty much it. You most likely caught a virus that might of deleted your apps on the start screen of the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 but doing the system check for viruses and also the system restore on the operating system will most definitely bring back your apps you once had. Please also write us below any additional questions that you may have on this article and we will help you as soon as possible.