Windows 10, 8.1, 8 isn’t Recognizing your Current Password? Here’s how to fix it
If your Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 isn’t recognizing your current password then this is the tutorial you should follow in order to fix this issue. Seeing that some of the Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 users are having difficulty entering they’re correct passwords or perhaps the system isn’t accepting the correct password, you will get a detailed explanation in the lines below as why this is happening and how you can fix this issue.
If you’re Windows 8 or Windows 10 device isn’t recognizing your password even though it is the correct one then it will most likely be because some registries inside the operating system have been modified by one or more applications on perhaps the Microsoft account you created might malfunction.
How to fix Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, 8 if it doesn’t recognize your current password:
- Change password from Local Account
- Run a security scan
- Create a new Microsoft account
- Create a Local Account on your PC
- Change your current password
First method: Change password from Local Account
- You can try logging into the local account and try and change the Microsoft account password from there.(Go to the fifth method below for a detailed explanation)
- After you changed the password you will need to reboot your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- After the restart of the operating system is completed try logging into the Microsoft account with the new password you made.
Second Method: Run a security scan
- Run a virus and a malware scan on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device for the full hard drive.
Note: This means the partition where Windows 8 or Windows 10 is installed as well as the other ones you might have made when you installed the operating system.
- After the virus and malware scan is completed reboot the Windows 8 device.
- After the reboot of the system try and see if your password is working properly.
Third method: Create a new Microsoft Account
This method will show you how to create a new Microsoft account and see if it works on your device.
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower right side of the screen.
- Left click on the “Settings” feature.
- Left click on “Change PC Settings”.
- Left click or tap on the “Accounts” feature.
- Left click or tap on “Other accounts”
- Left click or tap on “Add an account”.
- You will need to follow the instructions posted on the screen to proceed with the new account.
Fourth method: Create a Local Account on your PC
This method will show you how exactly you can create a local account on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- Move the mouse cursor to the lower right side of the screen.
- Left click or tap on the “Settings” feature.
- Left click or tap on the “Change PC settings”.
- Left click on “Accounts”.
- Left click or tap on “Other accounts”.
- Left click or tap on “Add an account”.
- Left click or tap on the “Sign in without a Microsoft account (Not recommended)” feature.
- Left click or tap on the “Local account” feature.
- Write in a new username for the account.
- Enter a password for the account.
- Left click or tap on the “Next” button you have on that screen.
- Left click or tap on the “Next” feature again.
- Left click or tap on the “Finish” button.
Fifth method: Change your current password
This method will show you how you can change your current password:
- Access the link posted below to follow the password changing procedure.
Click here for changing password
- Follow the instructions on the screen in order to reset the Microsoft password.
- Reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- Try logging into your Microsoft account now and see if it works.
Windows Live ID or password incorrect error on Windows 10
Another password related issue is when you try to login into Windows Marketplace to play your favorite games and the system gives you the ‘WIndows live ID incorrect’ or ‘password incorrect’. You have to know that this is a problem that can be fixed before you might want to create a whole new account. We recommend you to check our dedicated guide that will help you fixing ‘Windows live ID’/’Password’ is incorrect.
So you have above a couple of methods on how you can handle the password recognition issue you are having. Please write us below if you have any other suggestions or questions on this issue.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Do you like to keep your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 system secured? Of course, you do, as everyone tries to keep their data in […]
Taskhost.exe is a process that hosts various Windows processes running from a dynamic link library instead of the conventional .exes (executable files). You see, libraries (.dlls) […]