- Windows 11's audio driver makes it easy to use USB-connected audio devices.
- Each audio device may require you to download a specific audio driver.
- Drivers should be updated consistently to avoid malfunctioning also.
Most users often complain about the inferiority of computer sound quality. Hence, the need to use a wireless or USB-connected speaker for better audio quality. However, users need to install the USB audio driver for Windows to use USB audio devices.
Using these drivers makes it easy for the audio to be decoded outside the computer. users can enjoy high-quality audio using USB speaker devices.
So, this article will provide a detailed guide on downloading and installing a new Windows USB audio driver.
What is a USB audio driver?
They are drivers that provide support for audio devices that comply with the Universal Serial Bus. The driver helps the computer to accept the device, communicate with it, and control it.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
The USB audio driver performs the role of a translator and enables the audio device and the OS to function coherently.
How do I download and install USB audio drivers for Windows?
- Locate the manufacturer’s site to find the appropriate drivers for your computer.
- Download the driver manually from the Downloads menu.
- Launch the USB audio driver installer and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
- Connect your USB audio device via the USB port.
- Play your audio to check if it’s working.
Furthermore, you can opt for a specialized program to update the drivers to precisely what your device needs. It can also help download drivers for all other outdated or missing devices on the computer.
It is a much safer process because this way you will know that your device drivers are updated with the latest version.
- Download and install the Outbyte Driver Updater app.
- Launch the software and wait for the app to detect all incompatible drivers.
- Now, it will show you a list of all outdated drivers to select the ones to Update or Ignore.
- Click on Update & Apply Selected to download and install the latest versions.
- Restart your PC to ensure the applied changes.
Outbyte Driver UpdaterMaintain your device healthy by letting OutByte Driver Updater find the latest driver options.
Is Realtek audio driver compatible with Windows 11?
Yes, Windows 11 supports Realtek audio drivers. The latest Realtek driver was released for Windows 11 on January 11, 2022. Hence, it works fine on Windows.
However, there are some occasions where the Realtek drivers may not work due to audio driver issues; you can check out our guide to fix that.
Although there are relatively complex issues with Windows 11, most are being rectified with driver updates. Hence, getting the correct audio drivers will make using USB audio devices easier.
Please leave feedback or a question in the comments section if this guide has been helpful. We’d love to hear from you.