Wireless keyboard trackpad isn’t working [EXPERT GUIDE]
A common issue with wireless keyboards is that the trackpad is not working or responding to touch input. However, this could be the result of a connectivity glitch and can be taken care of easily.
What to do if wireless keyboard trackpad isn’t working
1. Check batteries
- Low battery charge could lead to wireless keyboard issues.
- Try inserting the new batteries and see if the trackpad is responding to touch input.
2. Fn + F8 touchpad toggle
- Some keyboards require you to press the keyboard key combo of Fn + F8 to toggle between the touchpad and keyboard controls.
- If the aforementioned keyboard combination doesn’t work, you might want to check your manual and find the correct shortcut.
3. Re-sync keyboard and USB receiver
- Try re-establishing the wireless connectivity with the USB receiver.
- You can do so by switching off the keyboard and/ or the USB receiver if the USB receiver has a switch. Alternatively, disconnect the receiver and insert it to a different USB port.
- It might also take a few minutes for the connections to stabilize, or so be patient.
- After the connection is established, see if the trackpad is responding.
- You might also want to restart your computer as well to allow things to start afresh.
4. Update drivers
- Make sure you are running the latest Windows iteration as a driver mismatch can also lead to the keyboard issues.
- The same also applies to the keyboard drivers.
- Visit the keyboard manufacturer’s site and see if there is a new driver available for the particular model you are using.
- Download and install the driver and check if the problem is still there.
Alternatively, you can use third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater to automatically update all your drivers with just a few clicks.
5. Signal interference
- If the trackpad is working erratically, the cause might interference from another wireless device in the vicinity.
- To minimize the interference, change the location and see if the device is working properly.
- You can also disable other wireless devices and check if that helps.
6. Check with another PC
- Lastly, check the keyboard by connecting to another PC.
- If it is still malfunctioning, the keyboard itself might be at fault.
- Get in touch with the manufacturer to remedy the issue.
There you go, these are a couple of solutions that you can try if your wireless keyboard trackpad isn’t working. Feel free to let us know in the comments section if our solutions worked for you.
- Fix: Mouse, Keyboard (USB, Wireless) not Detected in Windows 10, 8.1
- How to use Apple keyboard and mouse on Windows 10
- Fix: Laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10
In the past, we were limited to one operating system on our PCs. If we didn’t want to install another OS from scratch (risking losing all our […]