- Wargaming company released, years ago, World of Tanks. After having a huge success, they released other similar games with different themes. One of these games has a naval warfare theme and it's called World of Warships.
- This free-to-play MMO has been quite a hit. Some users couldn't update the game because the firewall was blocking the client. Read on to see how to reinstall, fix the game through Steam, and more.
- You should visit the World of Warships Troubleshooting Hub to fix any errors related to this game.
- The gaming universe has been ever-expanding with different genres and devices. Check out the Gaming section on our website for news and guides.
World of Warships is an amazing game, but many users reported that World of Warships won’t update. This can lead to various problems with your game, but in this article, we’ll show you how to fix this issue once and for all.
What to do if World of Warships is unable to download updates?
1. Reinstall your game
- Open your Start Menu and click on Settings.
- Now click on Apps.
- Select World of Warships and click the Uninstall.
- Once you remove the game, download from the official link and reinstall it.
World of WarshipsA very good free-to-play tactical game with an intelligent mix of mechanics and balanced ships. Easy to learn, hard to master.
2. Steam client fix
- Launch Steam.
- From your Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam will now verify your game’s files.
- Once it’s done launch World of Warships.
3. Firewall fix
- Open your Start Menu.
- Now select Control Panel.
- Then click on Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, the Allowed App windows will open.
- Click on the Change Settings.
- Check both Private and Public boxes next to the apps or programs you want to allow through Windows Firewall.
- Click OK to save your new settings.
4. Register your DNS
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns, and then press Enter.
- After the operation has been completed, type in exit in Command Prompt, and then restart your machine.
5. Update or reinstall your network drivers
- Start Device Manager.
- Locate the network driver and right-click it.
- Select Update driver.
- Now click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Once it’s done updating you’re all set.
To reinstall your network drivers, follow these steps:
- Repeat the first step from the previous workaround.
- Right-click on the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Now restart your machine.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver at start-up.
There you go, a few solutions that can help you if World of Warships won’t update. Feel free to try them all and let us know in the comments section which solution worked for you.
FAQ: Learn more about World of Warships
- How do I update World of Warships?
If you installed the game using Game Center, open it, select the World of Warships tab and next to the Play button you should find the Update button. Click that and the update process begins.
- I’ve just downloaded my client update but I’m still playing an old version. How can I fix that?
The updates take a bit longer to be applied on all servers – even if you have the latest client version, until the server you are connected to gets updates, only the old version will be playable.
- Can I use my World of Warships account on steam?
When you log in using Steam, a new game account tied to Steam will be created. This game account is different from the one using the original client. You should keep using Game Center because you can still play with users from other platforms.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.