World of Warcraft is one of the most popular multiplayer online games in the world, with millions of active players. Overall, the game is very stable and reliable, but sometimes there are various error messages that occur, limiting or even blocking the gaming experience.
In this article, we’re going to focus on the annoying WoW BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error and we’ll show you how to fix it.
WoW BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error
When users launch the Battle.net app, they are invited to update their games. When they select the update option, error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 appears on the screen.
Since this weekend (don’t kis know precisely when, las time I played was Thursday), I’m getting this error.
I open the BNet client, the blue button instead of play says Update and then as I click a box containing this error code pops.
How to fix WoW BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error
- Disable or temporarily uninstall your security programs. Your antivirus may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- Optimize your wireless internet connection. If possible, use a wired connection.
- Run the game in Administrator Mode to eliminate any start-up errors.
- Run the Battle.net repair tool to repair damaged or corrupted game files.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Remove your VPN program.
- Perform a full system scan to remove any viruses or malware.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Battle.net app.
- Open the Battle.net app
- Go to WoW > click on Options
- Select Find in Explorer > open the Data file
- Delete the Indices file.
- Open again the Battle.net app > go to Options
- Click on Scan and Repair > wait
- Close the app > launch it again as Admin. You should now be able to play WoW on your Windows computer.
As always, if you’ve come across other workarounds to fix WoW error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.