- World of Warcraft is the most popular MMORPG of our times.
- Unfortunately, many players cannot enjoy it because of wow error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8.
- To fix this issue, you can try repairing the game client, or checking your antivirus settings.
- Other users recommend tweaking your proxy or VPN settings, or even reinstalling Battle.Net.
World of Warcraft is one of the most popular multiplayer online games in the world, with millions of active players. Overall, the game is very stable and reliable, but sometimes there are various error messages that occur, limiting or even blocking the gaming experience.
In this article, we’re going to focus on the annoying WoW BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error and we’ll show you how to fix it.
When users launch the Battle.net app, they are invited to update their games. When they select the update option, error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 appears on the screen.
Since this weekend (don’t kis know precisely when, las time I played was Thursday), I’m getting this error.
I open the BNet client, the blue button instead of play says Update and then as I click a box containing this error code pops.
How do I fix the WoW BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error?
1. Scan and Repair your WoW client
- Open the Battle.net app
- Go to WoW and click on Options
- Select Find in Explorer > open the Data file
- Delete the Indices file.
- Open again the Battle.net app, then go to Options
- Click on Scan and Repair, and then wait
- Close the app and launch it again as Admin. You should now be able to play WoW on your Windows computer.
2. Disable or temporarily uninstall your antivirus
Once you’ve done that, make sure that you restart your PC and try launching WoW again.
Additionally, you could try using a different antivirus tool, one that is easier to switch on and off, and that allows a better filtering of wanted and unwanted apps.
We recommend you try out BullGuard Antivirus, since it is the perfect balance of both digital security, and ease of use.
Once you’ve installed it, perform a full system scan to remove any viruses or malware.
3. Optimize your wireless internet connection.
Since WoW is an MMORPG, a stable online connection is crucial for updating, launching, and playing the game.
If you notice that your wireless connection is pretty weak in general, you could try some minor troubleshooting steps, or switching to a wired connection altogether.
If you still prefer a wireless connection, you could try moving closer to the router, and making sure that there are as few obstacles between you and it as possible.
4. Check out your proxy settings
Since WoW needs constant online connectivity, using proxies and VPNs the wrong ways can cause a wide range of issues, not just this particular error message. It can lead to lag, packet losses, and more.
That being the case, disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
Additionally, you should try playing WoW while your VPN is disabled, or you can use an entirely new VPN, one like Private Internet Access.
5. Other troubleshooting solutions
If the above solutions don’t work, you should also try the following:
- Run the game in Administrator Mode to eliminate any start-up errors.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Battle.net app.
As always, if you’ve come across other workarounds to fix WoW error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comments section below.