- If Xbox app won't open, resetting the app can usually fix this problem.
- Your regional settings can interfere with the app, so you might have to change them.
Xbox app is a fundamental part of Windows 10, but many reported Xbox app launch issues on their PC. This isn’t the only issue, and many reported that Xbox app is stuck at the preparing screen.
In order to stream video games from your Xbox One to your PC, you’ll need Xbox app running, and today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
Why is the Xbox app on PC not working?
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
There are several reasons why the Xbox app won’t open, and these are the most common ones:
- App issues – Sometimes, the app might encounter glitches. This can be fixed simply by keeping your PC and app up to date. Resetting the Xbox app also helps.
- Regional settings – In some instances, your regional settings can cause issues, so you’ll have to change them in order to fix the issue.
- Services – In order for Xbox app to work certain services need to be enabled. To do that, simply open services.msc and manually start them.
What can I do if my Xbox App doesn’t open in Windows 10?
Before we start fixing this issue, there are a couple of preliminary checks that might help you fix the issue:
- Restart – Sometimes, a quick restart is all it takes to fix this problem permanently.
- Update Windows – Check for the latest updates and install them to fix this issue. You can also install updates offline if you prefer in order to fix this problem.
- Update Xbox app – In some cases, your Xbox app can have certain glitches and an update might fix that. To see how to do that, check our guide on how to update the Windows app automatically.
- Reinstall your antivirus – Sometimes antivirus will block exe files, and that will cause issues with Xbox app. If you use third-party antivirus, reinstall it and check if that solves the issue.
1. Reset the Xbox app and Windows Store
- Press Windows key + X and select Apps and features.
- Select Xbox app on the list and click on Advanced options.
- Click on the Reset button and then click Reset again to confirm.
- Now go back and select Microsoft Store. Now choose Advanced options.
- Repeat the steps from Step 3 to reset the app.
After doing that, check if the Xbox app launch issues are gone. Resetting and repairing the Xbox app can also prevent issues like Xbox games from showing up on my computer.
2. Change regional settings
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app. Next, go to Time & language.
- Select a Region and change your country or region to the United States.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
This is a quick and easy way to fix Xbox app launch issues, especially if you’re living outside of United States.
3. Enable the Xbox services
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start Task Manager. Once it opens, go to the Services tab.
- Locate the following services: XblAuthManager, XblGameSave and XboxNetApiSvc.
- Right-click on each of them and choose Start.
- Locate StorSvc, right-click it, and choose Restart.
After starting the necessary services, the Xbox app launch issues will be gone.
There you go, we hope that these solutions helped you fix the Xbox App issues that you encountered. If you have more problems, our Xbox app closes immediately guide should be able to help you.
If you have any more questions, feel free to reach for the comments sections below.