- Some users reported that they are unable to sign in to their Xbox account on their Windows 10 PC.
- If the Xbox app won't let you sign in, you should use our recommended repair tool to fix all your PC issues.
- Also, you have to clear the local Xbox identity data by following our step-by-step guide below.
- Considering starting the application from the administrator account and read on for more details.
Windows 10 comes with many improvements, and one of those improvements is related to Xbox.
As you know Windows 10 comes with an Xbox app, but it seems that some users can’t sign in to their Xbox account on Windows 10. When trying to sign in users are greeted with the following message:
We are unable to sign you in at the moment. Try again later (0x409)
So their Xbox app is basically useless. If you’re a gamer, this can be a big problem, but there are few solutions that you might want to try.
Speaking of Xbox account and issues, users reported the following problems as well:
- Xbox app Windows 10 can’t sign in – This is a relatively common problem with Xbox app on Windows 10, but you should be able to fix the problem using one of our solutions.
- Can’t sign into Xbox app Windows 10 0x409 – Another common problem that can prevent you from signing in to Xbox app is error 0x409. However, you should be able to fix this issue by reinstalling your Xbox application.
- Xbox app Windows 10 won’t open – Many users reported that they are unable to use their Xbox app at all. We covered a similar issue in our Xbox app won’t open article, so be sure to check it out for more solutions.
- Xbox Windows 10 not working – Several users reported that Xbox application isn’t working at all on their PC. To fix this issue, be sure to check if necessary Xbox services are running.
- Xbox Windows 10 login error – This is another common problem with Xbox app. To fix the issue, you might have to create a new user account and check if the Xbox app works on it.
- Xbox account Windows 10 error 0xbba, 0x3fb – Sometimes you might encounter 0xbba or 0x3fb error while trying to run Xbox app. These errors can be annoying, but you should be able to fix them using one of our solutions.
What to do if we were unable to sign you in to Xbox Live?
1. Install the missing updates
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When Settings app opens, go to Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates button.
- Windows will now check for available updates and download them in the background.
- Once the updates are installed, check if the issue still persists.
Windows 10 is a solid operating system, but sometimes certain bugs and issues can appear. If you’re unable to sign in to the Xbox account on your PC, you might be able to solve that by installing the latest updates.
By default, Windows 10 automatically installs the updates in the background, but sometimes you might miss an important update.
Several users reported that updating their Windows fixed the problem for them, so be sure to try that. In addition to updating Windows, be sure to update the Xbox app as well.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the application to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Make sure that Xbox services aren’t disabled
- In the Search bar type services. Select the Services from the list of results.
- Scroll to the bottom and find the following services: Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service.
- You’ll have to repeat this process for each of the services listed above. Right-click the service and select Properties.
- Find Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic. If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- After you’ve done all of that, your Xbox app should be working.
The first thing we’re going to do is to make sure all necessary Xbox services are enabled. To do that, follow the above instructions.
3. Clear the local Xbox identity data
- Open File Explorer.
- In the address bar paste the following line:
- If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them.
- After removing the cache, try to start the Xbox app again.
4. Reinstall the Xbox app
- Open PowerShell as administrator. You can do this by searching for powershell in the Search bar and right-clicking the PowerShell in the list of results. Then just select Run as administrator from the menu and that’s it.
- Paste this into PowerShell and press Enter to run it:
And if nothing else helps, you can try to reinstall the Xbox app and see if your login problems are gone.
If PowerShell stops working on Windows 10, don’t let that ruin your day. Fix it quickly by following our amazing guide.
5. Use Command Prompt
- Press Windows Key + X, and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. If Command Prompt isn’t available, you can also use PowerShell (Admin).
- Once the Command Prompt starts, run the following command:
REG ADD HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesXblAuthManager /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
After running this command, restart your PC and check if the problem still persists.
If you’re unable to sign in to Xbox Account on Windows 10, the issue might be caused by service host separation. However, you can easily fix the issue simply by running a single command in Command Prompt.
6. Check if Xbox services are starting with your PC
- Press Windows Key + R and enter msconfig.
- Press Enter or click OK.
- Go to Services tab and make sure that all Xbox services are checked. After checking all Xbox services, save changes.
- Now you just need to restart your PC and check if the issue still persists.
Few users reported that they were unable to sign in to Xbox account because Xbox services weren’t starting with their PC.
7. Restart your PC
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best, and if you’re unable to sign in to the Xbox account, you might be able to temporarily fix this problem by restarting your PC.
According to users, this is just a temporary solution, but if you need to quickly fix the problem, you might want to try it out.
Many users reported that PC restart fixed the problem for them, so be sure to try it.
8. Disable the LG Screen Split App
Users that have ultrawide monitors might not be able to sign in to the Xbox account due to third-party applications. According to users, applications such as LG Screen Split App can cause this problem to appear on your PC.
To fix the issue, you just have to disable this application and the problem should be resolved. Keep in mind that other applications that are related to your display can also cause this problem to appear.
Another application that is related to this problem is Wacom, and in order to fix the problem, you’ll have to remove it.
There are several ways to uninstall an application, but if you want to completely remove it, we advise you to use an uninstaller application.
Applications such as the one mentioned below can easily remove any app from your PC, so be sure to try it out.
9. Disconnect the second monitor
According to users, sometimes dual monitors can cause this issue to appear. If you are unable to sign in to Xbox account on your PC, you need to disconnect your second monitor before you start the Xbox app.
After doing that, start the application again and then connect your second monitor. This is just a workaround, but it works according to users, so if you’re using a dual monitor setup, be sure to try this solution.
10. Start the application from the administrator account
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Accounts section.
- Go to Family & other people section and then click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Click I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Now click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired user name and click Next.
After creating a new account, switch to it and check if the issue appears on the new account.
If you are unable to sign in to an Xbox account on your Windows PC, you might be able to fix the problem by starting the application from an administrator account.
According to users, the application needs an administrator account in order to initialize properly.
To do that, you just need to log in to the administrator account on your PC and start the Xbox app from there. After doing that, just go back to your user account and try to start the Xbox app again.
If you don’t have another account on your PC, you can create it by following the above steps. According to users, this simple solution worked for them, so you might want to try it out.
That’s about it, we hope at least one of these solutions helped you with your Xbox login issue in Windows 10.
If you have any questions or comments, just let us know in the comments below, and we’ll be sure to take a look.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our dedicated guide if you are unable to sign in to Xbox account in Windows 10, and find the right fixes.
Many users reported the error 0x87dd0006 when connecting to Xbox Live. If you’re experiencing the same problem, make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps listed in our dedicated article to solve it once and for all.
To sign in to Xbox Live you have to use the Microsoft account credentials. Also, check out our guide if you cannot play online Xbox Live multiplayer to find the proper fixes.