How do I fix Xbox error code 80151103? Here’s the solution
If you get Xbox error code 80151103, you may not immediately know the root cause, so one of the things most users do is to restart their consoles.
However, if restarting doesn’t help, what next? Thankfully, we have an explanation for what Xbox error code 80151103 is, and how to fix it so you don’t have to sweat too hard looking for solutions.
Usually, error and status codes on Xbox can be generated by service outages, so in order to save yourself some time, you can check the Xbox Live service status for alerts, prior to doing online searches for the Xbox error code 80151103.
Xbox error code 80151103 occurs when you’re downloading your profile to your Xbox 360, then you get either of these three error code and messages:
- Sorry, Xbox Live profiles cannot be loaded right now. Please try again later.
- Status code: 80151103.
- Error: Can’t connect to Live. The logon error code is 0x80151103
These could mean that there’s a temporary problem with the service, the security information you gave for your Microsoft account, or with the Xbox Live profile stored on your console.
In order to resolve the Xbox error code 80151103 issue, here are some solutions you can try.
FIX: Xbox error code 80151103
- Check for service alerts
- Confirm your Microsoft account credentials
- Reset your password
- Download your Xbox Live profile again
1. Check for service alerts
If you find any service alerts when you check Xbox Live service status, give it a few minutes or wait for a while before trying it again, and check if the service is up and running. Usually, the status will be displayed as up and running in green color with a green tick next to Xbox Live Core Services.
2. Confirm your Microsoft account credentials
Xbox error code 80151103 can come up if your Microsoft account’s security information is not correct. In order to resolve this, do the following:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. In case you forgot your password or are unable to sign in using it, you can check with the Lost Account or Lost Password troubleshooting on how to change it.
- Once you’re signed in, go to Security & Privacy
- Click Change password & more
- Under Security info helps keep your account secure, verify your email addresses and phone number
- You can add or update your security information as and when necessary
- Sign out and sign in again
- Try to sign in to Xbox Live
3. Reset your password
You can change your Microsoft account password by going to account.live.com and follow the prompts. Once you change it, sign in again and try Xbox Live again.
Password changes are ideal if you think someone else is using your account, or the retailer you use h ad a security breach and you used the same password on your account, or you just want to change it for safety reasons.
However, if you forgot the password and know your email address, reset the password online by verifying your identity using other information. If you don’t know either information, use Lost account or Lost password solution to reset it.
Note: You cannot change your Microsoft account password on your Xbox One console.
4. Download your Xbox Live profile again
If you still get Xbox error code 80151103 after trying the solutions above, redownload your profile again by doing the following:
- Move your Xbox Live profile by using a USB flash drive, plugging it into your console then go to the dashboard>settings>storage>all devices>gamer profiles (select your gamer profile). Select Move, then select the memory unit you want to move your profile to. Remove the USB flash from your console
- Clear the system cache by pressing Guide button, then go to Settings>System Settings>Storage/Memory. Highlight any storage device, then go back to your controller and press Y. Select Clear System Cache, and select Yes to confirm
- Restart your Xbox console
- Redownload your Xbox Live profile
Did any of these solutions help fix Xbox error code 80151103? Let us know by leaving a comment in the section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Xbox sign in error 0x87dd0006
- Your Xbox One headset won’t work? Get the fix here
- Xbox One not working with an Ethernet cable? Here’s how to fix it
For the online gaming community, reliable and uninterrupted communication is important for not only coordinating during gameplay but also as a way to expand the […]
More often than not, customer care representatives become overwhelmed by the sheer number of queries/ enquiries/ complaints they have to handle per day. This often […]
You might have heard about Microsoft’s latest patent in which they envisage their aspirations to anew the Surface keyboards typing experience with the haptic feedback […]