Fix: Xbox error PBR9002
You can purchase all sorts of content on your Xbox, including movies, shows, games and DLCs, but sometimes certain errors can occur while purchasing content online. Users reported Xbox error PBR9002, and today we’re going to show you how to fix this error.
Xbox error PBR9002, how to fix it?
Fix – Xbox error PBR9002
Solution 1 – Add a different payment option
Error PBR9002 can prevent you from buying content online, but you should be able to fix that simply by adding a new payment method. This is a simple procedure, and in order to do it you need to follow these steps:
- Login to your Microsoft account using any web browser.
- Navigate to Services & subscriptions section.
- In the Xbox Live section, locate Paid with and choose Change how you pay option.
- Now select Add a new way to pay and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add a new payment option.
To add a new payment option on Xbox 360, do the following:
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Xbox with a Microsoft account.
- Go to Settings and choose Account.
- Select Manage Payment Options.
- Select Add Credit Card or Add PayPal option and follow the instructions on the screen to add a payment method.
To add a payment option on Xbox One, do this:
- Sign in to Xbox One with your Microsoft account.
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide.
- Select Settings > All Settings.
- In the Account section choose Payment & billing.
- Select Add credit card or Add PayPal.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and enter your billing information.
After adding new payment option for Xbox Live this error should be resolved completely.
Solution 2 – Restore factory settings
According to users, you can sometimes fix this error on your Xbox simply by restoring factory settings. Resetting your console to factory defaults will remove all installed updates and files, so be sure that all your important files are backed up. We have to mention that factory reset won’t delete files that are synchronized with Xbox Live. To reset your Xbox One, do the following:
- On the Home screen scroll left to open the Guide.
- Select Settings and choose All Settings.
- Now choose System.
- Select Console info & updates.
- Select Reset console.
- You should now see two options available: Reset and keep my games & apps and Reset and remove everything. We suggest that you use the former option that will reset your operating system and remove corrupted files without affecting your saved games or apps. This option should be your first choice since you won’t have to download any large files again. If this option doesn’t work, you might have to use Reset and remove everything option. This option will reset your console to factory settings and delete all files from it including downloaded games, apps, saved games, settings, etc.
- After you choose the desired option, wait while your Xbox restores factory settings.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Xbox error “Use a different way to pay”
Although resetting your Xbox One to factory settings is simple, Xbox 360 doesn’t have this option available, and the only way to reset your Xbox 360 is to format your hard drive. Before formatting your hard drive, we strongly suggest that you back up all important files. To format your hard drive on Xbox 360, do the following:
- Make sure that there’s no disc in the tray.
- Go to Settings > System.
- Select Storage.
- Highlight Hard drive and press the Y button on the controller.
- Select Format from the list of options.
- You should see a confirmation message. Select Yes.
- You might be asked to enter your console serial number. You can locate the serial number on the back of the console or behind the oval door on the front.
- After entering the serial number select Done.
- Wait until your hard drive is formatted.
After resetting your console, install the necessary updates once again and the problem should be resolved.
Solution 3 – Add a new account
According to users, one potential workaround is to create a new account and use it to purchase the desired content. This isn’t the best solution, but according to users, it allows you to purchase items from the Store, so you might want to consider creating a new account.
Solution 4 – Make sure that your region settings are correct
According to users, error PBR9002 occurs due to region locking, and you might encounter it if you try to purchase content that isn’t available in your region or if you change your region. To fix this problem, you need to make sure that your region settings and billing information are correct. To change your region settings on Xbox One, do the following:
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Microsoft account.
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide.
- Select Settings > All Settings > System.
- Choose Language & location.
- Select your new location from the list and choose Restart now.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Xbox error wrong region code
To change the region on Xbox 360, do the following:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account on your Xbox 360.
- Open Settings and choose System.
- Go to Console Settings > Language and Locale > Locale.
- Select the locale that you want to use.
Keep in mind that certain services such as Xbox Live won’t work unless they are supported in the new region. Although your Xbox profile information will be preserved if you choose to change your region, the money from your Microsoft account will not, so you might want to spend it before changing your region. You should know that you won’t be able to change your region if you did so in the last three months, or if your account is currently suspended or if you have a balance due on your Xbox subscription.
To change your billing information, do the following:
- In any web browser log in to your Microsoft account.
- Select Payment & billing and select Billing info.
- Now select Edit profile and make changes to your billing address.
To change billing address on Xbox One, follow these steps:
- Scroll left on the Home screen and select Settings.
- Select All Settings > Account > Payment & billing.
- Now select Change billing address.
- Edit your billing information.
- If you don’t need to update certain billing information, you can simply press B and choose Next.
- After you’re done, select Save info.
You can change the billing information on your Xbox 360, by following these instructions:
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your console.
- Go to Settings and select Account.
- Select the payment option that you want to update.
- Update the billing information and select OK to save changes.
After making sure that both your region and billing information is correct, try to make the purchase again.
Solution 5 – Contact Microsoft support
Sometimes it can happen that your card is flagged, and in order to fix this problem you might have to call Microsoft support and ask them if they could fix the issue.
Xbox error PBR9002 will prevent you from purchasing content online, but you should be able to fix it by using one of our solutions. If the problem still persists, you might want to call Microsoft support and ask them to unblock your card.
- Fix: Xbox error “The current profile is not allowed”
- Fix: Xbox error UI-122
- Fix: Xbox error E68
- Fix: Xbox error when playing DVD
- Fix: Xbox error when redeeming codes
Solid State Disks or just SSD for short are the storage solutions to have if you want to speed things up with your PC. They […]