- Yahoo Search is a popular search engine, but over time Yahoo lost some of its popularity and it was replaced by Google and Bing.
- If you still want to use Yahoo Search, you can do it from almost any web browser, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
- Yahoo still has a loyal user base, and if you want to learn more about it, we suggest you visit our Email section.
- Want to learn more about web browsers? For more information, news, and useful guides, we suggest that you check out our Browsers Hub.
Yahoo Search engine has been around for years, but Yahoo never made an official web browser that uses Yahoo Search.
However, you can still use Yahoo Search in other browsers, and today we’ll show you how to set Yahoo Search as your search engine in all modern web browsers.
How do I switch to Yahoo Search in my web browser?
- Open the Opera menu by clicking its icon in the top left corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Go to the Search engine
- Click the dropdown box, and select Yahoo from the list.
If you’re not familiar with Opera, you should know that this browser has tracking protection as well as a built-in ad-block. Thanks to these features, your web pages will open faster than ever before.
The browser also has advanced tab management and the ability to organize tabs into workspaces. Lastly, the built-in free VPN offers unlimited bandwidth and an extra layer of protection.
If you need to work using Yahoo mail frequently, do it from a browser that is lightweight, fast, and can be customized to integrate yahoo better.
2. Microsoft Edge
On older versions of Edge:
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Navigate to Advanced and choose Change search provider.
- Now select Yahoo as your new search engine.
On the Chromium version of Edge:
- Click the Menu and navigate to Settings.
- Click on Privacy in the left pane.
- In the right pane, go to the Address bar.
- In the Search engine used in the address bar field select Yahoo.
3. Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click the Menu icon in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- Locate the Search engine section, and click the down arrow next to the Search engine used in the address bar.
- Now choose Yahoo from the list.
4. Mozilla Firefox
- Install Yahoo Search add-on.
- Open the Firefox menu by clicking the Menu icon in the top right corner.
- Now select Options.
- In the left pane, select Search.
- Go to the Default Search Engine section in the right pane and select Yahoo.
There you go, these are the methods that you can use to switch to Yahoo Search in your favorite browser. Are you still using Yahoo Search? Let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Yahoo isn’t a web browser. Yahoo is a search engine that you use from a web browser such as Opera for example.
Yahoo Mail works in all major browsers, but according to our tests, it works best in Opera due to Opera’s speed and low resource usage.
If Yahoo appears in your search bar, it’s probably because you changed your search settings and set Yahoo as the default search engine on your browser.
Just like its competitors, the Yahoo Search engine is completely safe to use. The search engine also has a Safe Search option that will remove malicious search results.