- Impossible to watch your favorite Youtube videos on Vivaldi?
- Don't let errors ruin your viewing experience - fix them with these quick and easy solutions instead.
- Find below how to fix extensions issues, clean your profile, and check your GPU usage.
- We also give you recommendations on alternative browsers and third-party tools to help you clean cookies.
Are you trying to watch a Youtube video on your Vivaldi browser but you keep encountering errors?
Is your YouTube app working on other browsers but for some reason you cannot get it to work on Vivaldi?
With this article, we hope we will come to your aid with a few easy fixes.
What to do if my Vivaldi browser shows errors on YouTube?
Sometimes errors can occur for unexpected reasons. We prepared a list below with several solutions that we hope will come in handy.
- Switch to Opera
- Delete browsing history and cookies
- Extensions issue
- Clean profile
- Enable hardware acceleration
- Check GPU usage
1. Switch to Opera
This isn’t a troubleshooting step per se but we can wholeheartedly recommend Opera for YouTube. Video streaming works like a charm, with no need to run extensions to prevent annoying ads.
Opera comes with a dedicated built-in adblocker along with a native VPN solution. The latter will allow you to circumvent geo-limitations imposed by certain channels while the adblocker feature detects and blocks ad scripts the moment you request a webpage.
As a result, web pages load up to 90% faster and you won’t be needing any third-party addons to block ads.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Fully customizable UI with themes, modes, sidebar display, and keyboard combo included
- Turbo mode to further enhance speed
- Integrated adblocker to eliminate distractions, optimize web pages loading times and streamline your browsing experience
- Built-in VPN tool to anonymize your browsing and unblock geo-restricted content
- Integrated snapshot tool to capture your screen effortlessly
- Customizable workflow and workspaces with instant messaging and social media apps like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to chat, explore and stay in touch with the latest news without leaving your browser’s windows
Reimagine YouTube streaming with the most powerful browser: faster, better, 100% private, and ad-free.
2. Delete browsing history and cookies
Like any other web browser, Vivaldi may store certain information about its users. For example, the browser might collect information related to your download history, form data, and other such information.
Speaking of keeping your user data safe, you should use a privacy-focused search engine or install a VPN software.
For privacy reasons but also for performance reasons, you should clear the browsing history and personal data regularly.
Cleaning cache also helps in fixing certain browser-related issues.
In order to do these, you will need to follow a few easy steps:
- Open the Vivaldi browser
- Go to Tools drop-down menu and select Clear Private Data.
- You will be prompted to a Settings – clear browsing data tab. Select what data you want to clear.
- We recommend deleting everything so you should select the beginning of time.
- In order to delete everything, you need to select all the available options(Browsing history, download history, passwords, autofill form data, cached images and files, cookies and other site and plugin data and hosted app data).
- Uncheck Passwords if you want to keep the saved website login details.
Or do not bother going through all these steps and simply leave this to professionals – and by that, we mean specialized software to perform clean-up tasks automatically.
Use specialized cookie cleaning software
Using a dedicated tool will save a lot of time and remove the risk of deleting important data by mistake.
Cookie cleaners are generally very straightforward: they perform a preliminary scan of your browser, and then give you a report on what can be deleted to free up some space.
You just have to select what you want to remove, or remove everything. Then wait for the process to complete.
3. Extensions issue
Do you have any extensions installed that change the behavior of web pages? (Adblocker, Scriptblocker, YouTube themes, etc.)
If yes, please try to disable them one by one and then check again.
If the site works after disabling one of the extensions, that extension is the culprit. The best solution is to simply uninstall it.
4. Clean profile
If the extensions are not the issue, you can try to check if it happens with a clean profile.
To do so, look up the Profile path of your Vivaldi installation.
You can do so by either typing vivaldi:about in the address bar and pressing Enter or V-Icon-> Help -> About.
Then close Vivaldi and just rename the User Data folder to something else like User Data.Old for example or any other easy-to-remember change. Then try and start Vivaldi again.
5. Enable hardware acceleration
Hardware acceleration allows you to use additional computer resources to help your computer run specific tasks much faster.
By default, the hardware acceleration in your app should be turned off. This is supposed to reduce your CPU/GPU usage.
However, when it comes to browsers, sometimes this can lead to certain errors with websites, for example when trying to play an HD video.
If Youtube keeps sending you errors on your Vivaldi browser, you can try and enable the hardware acceleration. In order to do so, simply access vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#hardware.
6. Check GPU usage
As mentioned earlier, the browser might need to use your hardware in order to perform certain tasks.
You can check your GPU usage by going to Vivaldi://gpu.
If Hardware acceleration is not enabled, try going to vivaldi://flags.
Under that section, you should enable the Override software rendering list. Restart your browser, as instructed and that’s it. Then your Youtube issues should be solved.
There you go, these solutions should help you fix Youtube errors on Vivaldi. Let us know how it worked for you by reaching for the comments section below.
Take a look at our Youtube Guides for more useful tips on handling this streaming platform.
Feel free to explore our Browsers Hub as well to perfect your interaction with the worldwide web