- Impossible to watch your favorite Youtube videos on Vivaldi?
- Don't let errors ruin your viewing experience - fix them with these quick and easy solutions instead.
- Take a look at our Youtube Guides for more useful tips on handling this streaming platform.
- Feel free to explore our Browsers Hub as well to perfect your interaction with the worldwide web.
Are you trying to watch a Youtube video on your Vivaldi browser but you keep encountering errors?
Is your YouTube app working on other browsers but for some reason you cannot get it to work on Vivaldi?
With this article, we hope we will come to your aid with a few easy fixes.
What to do if my Vivaldi browser shows errors on YouTube?
Sometimes errors can occur for unexpected reasons. We prepared a list below with several solutions that we hope will come in handy.
- Switch to Opera
- Delete browsing history and cookies
- Extensions issue
- Clean profile
- Enable hardware acceleration
- Check GPU usage
This isn’t a troubleshooting step per se but we can wholeheartedly recommend Opera for YouTube. Video streaming works like a charm, with no need to run extensions to prevent annoying ads.
Opera comes with a dedicated built-in adblocker along with a native VPN solution. The latter will allow you to circumvent geo-limitations imposed by certain channels while the adblocker feature detects and blocks ad scripts the moment you request a webpage.
As a result, webpages load up to 90% faster and you won’t be needing any third-party addons to block ads.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Fully customizable UI with themes, modes, sidebar display, and keyboard combo included
- Turbo mode to further enhance speed
- Integrated adblocker to eliminate distractions, optimize web pages loading times and streamline your browsing experience
- Built-in VPN tool to anonymize your browsing and unblock geo-restricted content
- Integrated snapshot tool to capture your screen effortlessly
- Customizable workflow and workspaces with instant messaging and social media apps like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to chat, explore and stay in touch with the latest news without leaving your browser’s windows
OperaReimagine YouTube streaming with the most powerful browser: faster, better, 100% private, and ad-free.
2. Delete browsing history and cookies
Like any other web browsers, Vivaldi may store certain information about its users. For example, the browser might collect information related to your download history, form data, and other such information.
Speaking of keeping your user data safe, you should use a privacy-focused search engine or install a VPN software.
For privacy reasons but also for performance reasons, you should clear the browsing history and personal data regularly.
In case you want to be secure while surfing the internet, you will need to get a full-dedicated tool to secure your network. Install now Private Internet Access VPN and secure yourself. It protects your PC from attacks while browsing, masks your IP address, and blocks all unwanted access.
Cleaning cache also helps in fixing certain browser-related issues.
In order to do these, you will need to follow a few easy steps:
- Open the Vivaldi browser
- Go to Tools drop-down menu and select Clear Private Data.
- You will be prompted to a Settings – clear browsing data tab. Select what data you want to clear.
- We recommend deleting everything so you should select the beginning of time.
- In order to delete everything, you need to select all the available options(Browsing history, download history, passwords, autofill form data, cached images and files, cookies and other site and plugin data and hosted app data).
- Uncheck Passwords if you want to keep the saved website login details.
Or do not bother going through all these steps and simply leave this to professionals – and by that, we mean specialized software to perform clean-up tasks automatically.
Packed with advanced features, this PC optimization tool frees up space, clears your online tracks including your browsing history and cache and speeds up your system.
The best part is that you can test its excellent capacities for free since the Pro version also includes a general free trial.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Remove superfluous or corrupted files to reclaim hard drive space
- Cleans browsing history to preserve your confidentiality
- Patented registry cleaner to eliminate useless entries
- Manage Startup programs
- Complete PC Health Check
- Software Updater
CCleanerClean your cache and wipe browsing history clean in 1 instant with the ultimate PC Health Check Suite!
3. Extensions issue
Do you have any extensions installed that change the behavior of web pages? (Adblocker, Scriptblocker, YouTube themes, etc.)
If yes, please try to disable them one by one and then check again.
If the site works after disabling one of the extensions, that extension is the culprit. The best solution is to simply uninstall it.
4. Clean profile
If the extensions are not the issue, you can try to check if it happens with a clean profile.
To do so, look up the Profile path of your Vivaldi installation.
You can do so by either typing vivaldi:about in the address bar and pressing Enter or V-Icon-> Help -> About.
Then close Vivaldi and just rename the User Data folder to something else like User Data.Old for example or any other easy to remember the change. Then try and start Vivaldi again.
5. Enable hardware acceleration
Hardware acceleration allows you to use additional computer resources to help your computer run specific tasks much faster.
By default, the hardware acceleration in your app should be turned off. This is supposed to reduce your CPU/GPU usage.
However, when it comes to browsers, sometimes this can lead to certain errors with websites, for example when trying to play an HD video.
If Youtube keeps sending you errors on your Vivaldi browser, you can try and enable the hardware acceleration. In order to do so, simply access vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#hardware.
6. Check GPU usage
As mentioned earlier, the browser might need to use your hardware in order to perform certain tasks.
You can check your GPU usage by going to Vivaldi://gpu.
If Hardware acceleration is not enabled, try going to vivaldi://flags.
Under that section, you should enable the Override software rendering list. Restart your browser, as instructed and that’s it. Then your Youtube issues should be solved.
There you go, these solutions should help you fix Youtube errors on Vivaldi. Let us know how it worked for you by reaching for the comments section below.