- A wide variety of software and hardware-related issue scan lead to corrupted archive files.
- We will be showcasing the best software that you can use to repair ZIP files.
- To learn more about fixing broken files, head over to our Fix Corrupt Files Hub.
- If lost data is what you are interested in, visit our website's Data Recovery page.
Like all digital data, archives such as ZIP files are prone to being damaged as well. The biggest problem is when these archives contain important data that we haven’t backed up anywhere else. That’s precisely when a good ZIP archive recovery tool can come in handy.
The problem is that the Internet is full of such tools, so choosing the right one is difficult. They all pretty much look and sound the same, and the differences are just minor.
We’ve compiled a list of the best archive repair tools that you can buy today. The main criteria that we’ve based this list on is the efficiency with which it manages to recover data from the archives.
What are the best ZIP archive repair tools that I can buy?
WinZip can zip and unzip to and from all of the most known archive file formats, and the ones that it creates have the highest compression rates among all such programs.
Besides that, it can protect the archive by encrypting them or making them password-protected.
Any archive that may have become corrupted for one reason or another can also be repaired using WinZip, with a very high rate of recovery.
Once you are done with your archives, you can move them between PCs, networks, clouds, or share them on social media with ease.
- Can provide encryption and password-protection
- Great for repairing damaged archives
- High data compression rate
- Lightweight and fast
- The Trial is too short
Extract RAR files in a fast and efficient manner with the help of this professional compression and unzipping tool, now available at a discount price.
It can recover the corrupted files with cyclic redundancy check (CRC) errors, and the data that has been repaired can be saved to any particular destination accessible to the host operating system.
- Can be used to repair all types of ZIP (32-bit, 64- bit)
- Efficiently repairs data from within damaged archives
- Easy to use
- The price tag
This lightweight tool is capable of recovering the data from archives that have been corrupted in pretty much any way imaginable, from archives broken from interrupted downloads to archives that are in bad hard drive sectors or on damaged disks.
- Repairs zip file broken during an interrupted download, copy, move and network transfer
- Repairs partially overwritten zip file from data recovery software
- Repairs data from zip files damaged by viruses
- Repairs ZIP files from damaged or defective disk, CD, DVD or bad sectors
- The demo version is very limited
Proven to have one of the highest repair rates on the market, this handy tool is the favorite of thousands worldwide.
- The highest data repair rate on the market
- Supports batch repair
- Can be used as a computer forensic tool and electronic discovery tool
- Free for personal use
- A lot of the auxiliary features are available only for the Business version
One such program is ZipRepair Pro, a highly intuitive and efficient repair tool that will get the job done in no time
- Good data repair rate
- Extremely intuitive
- User-friendly UI
- The price tag
Additionally, the program works even with data that was split into multiple archives, allowing you to recover that other programs could not.
- Quickly recovers and repairs the corrupt zip file in a bulk
- Offers support to all archive types
- Works even with errors of zip files like “Cannot open file: not a valid archive”
- Enable users to save the extracted file at user-specified location
- Pricier than some of the other entries
Archives are great as a format since they allow you to carry around data of all types in a safe and more compact manner. However, if corruption ever occurs, then all of that data is compromised.
Thus, having an efficient repair tool at your disposal can be crucial.
The above-mentioned software is also useful if you’re interested in the following topic:
Repair zip file free – All tools listed here have at least some form of free trial or subscription, so that you can repair your ZIP files for free.
FAQ: Learn more about ZIP files
- How can I create a ZIP file?
If you want to know how to create a ZIP file in Windows 10 from A to Z, then check out this comprehensive guide.
- Can I protect my ZIP files?
Yes, ZIP files can be password protected, but you’ll need to use the appropriate software.
- Is there any format better than a ZIP file?
Yes, there is. One example would be WinZip’s proprietary ZIPX format.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.