Fix: Error 0x0000005D When Installing Windows 10
Are you trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on your system and you are getting the following error: “Your PC needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. Error Code: 0x0000005D”? This error occurs when you are trying to run or install a version of windows which is not supported by your system’s processor.
To install Windows 10 on your PC, the processor must support the Physical Address Extension (PAE) , NX and SSE2 features. Most of the systems support these features, so if this error occurs it is likely because the NX ( “No eXecute bit”) feature is not activated on the system. This feature may be found as XD (“ eXecute Disabled” ) within the BIOS settings.
How to fix error code: 0x0000005D to install Windows 10 in VirtualBox
You need to reboot your computer;
After reboot, you need to press the F2 key from the keyboard, in order to access the BIOS;
Note: The key to access the BIOS may be different, depending on the motherboard installed in your system. Pay close attention to the first screen that appears after reboot and look for a message that indicates which key needs to be pressed in order to access the BIOS (for example: F1, F2, F3, Esc or Delete keys). You can check how to access the BIOS in your computer’s documentation.
- In the BIOS section, select the “Advanced” feature;
- Select the “CPU Configuration” feature;
- Check for the “No-Execute Memory Protection” option and click on it;
- Change this feature to “Enabled” (by default, it is disabled);
- Reboot your system and begin the process of installing Windows 10 in Virtualbox like normal;
Check your settings in the Virtualbox, to be the same as the ones presented below:
- In the “System” tab, navigate to “Motherboard” menu and perform the following settings:
- You need to setup the “Base memory” to 4096 MB.
- In “Boot order” section, you need to check the boxes next to the “ CD/DVD” and “ Hard Disk” features;
- Setup the “Chipset” to PIIX3;
- Setup the “Pointing device” feature to PS/2 Mouse;
- In the “Extended features” section, you need to check the box next to the “Enable I/O APIC” feature;
- In the “Display” tab, perform the following settings:
- You need to setup the “Video Memory” to 256 MB;
- You need to setup the “Monitor count” to 1;
- In the “Extended features” section, check the boxes next to the “Enable 3D Acceleration” and “Enable 2D Video Acceleration” features;
- In the “System” tab, navigate to “Acceleration” menu and perform the following settings:
- In the “Hardware virtualization” section, check the boxes next to the “Enable VT-x/AMD-V” and “Enable Nested Paging” features;
- In the “System” tab, navigate to “Processor” menu and perform the following settings:
- You need to setup the “Processor(s)” to 4 CPUs( or the number of CPUs integrated in your system);
- You need to setup the “Execution Cap” at 100%;
- In the “Extended features” section, check the box next to the “PAE/NX” feature.
If all these settings are correct, you should be able to fix the error code 0x0000005D and install Windows 10 in Virtualbox. Feel free to leave a comment below.
READ ALSO:How to Install Windows 10 Using UEFI
Microsoft Outlook 2016 does not support manual setup for an Exchange account directly from the add accounts interface. The add account now has only two […]
To prevent fraud and protect children from the online threat Xbox allows the parents to create Child account with restrictions. However, the parents can share […]
Recently, it has been revealed that Microsoft contractors are listening to users through Cortana and Skype Translator. This piece of information created a lot of […]