- It is a common issue when you face problems with viewing your video on your laptop after you downloaded it from the phone.
- You don't have to possess extraordinary abilities in video editing to fix upside-down videos, as there are tools that can help with that.
- After opening your video on the laptop you may experience issues with video quality, so you can explore what extra features offer you below tools.
- We have a lot of similar articles for you in our Software Hub.
Have you ever recorded a video with your smartphone and then play it on your computer just to find that the video is upside down? If you ever go through this, you will have to manually fix the video with the help of various third-party software. Of course, there is also the solution that involves a quick and simple fix: a keyboard shortcut. If you want to rotate the video clockwise, you have to push Alt + 3.
To turn it anti-clockwise, push Alt + 1, to flip it horizontally, press Alt + 2 or 8 and to flip it vertically, push Alt + 4 or 6. If you are still having problems, then your best bet is the third-party solution, and the advantage of using such a tool is that it comes with more functionalities included.
That’s what we picked out five of the best available solutions to fix upside down videos, so make sure you check them out before making the ideal decision for your video editing needs because these come with many more features and functionalities included.
Adobe Premiere Pro (recommended)
Adobe Premiere Pro is the best tool in the video editing industry, so as complex it seems as easy-to-use is. Besides helping you to fix upside-down video problems using the “Effects Control” panel, Adobe can surprise with a lot of other extra features.
Adobe Premiere Pro can unlock your creativity with its editing platform that opens new horizons in your imagination.
So you can benefit from extra features like:
- Reframing your videos for posting them on Social Media
- Editing audio features in order to improve the quality of the sound
- Create quality films form video clips, where you can edit color grades and add special effects to your video
- Making videos shorter or longer using a precisely trim footage
- Using templates for creating motion graphics
One of the most important things is the fact that Adobe supports many file formats, so you can edit videos from H264, H265 (HEVC), ProRes as ProRes HDR – on both macOS and Windows.
You have to convince yourself of Adobe’s editing power, especially if you have 7 days free trial.
Movavi Video Editor
Movavi Video Editor is the last, but definitely not least important video editing software that we want to mention in this list. Using this tool, you will be able to flip videos, edit and enhance their quality easily, add stylish titles, transitions and filters and more.
Just take a look at the most exciting functionalities that you will be able to enjoy while using this software:
- You can also stabilize and reverse videos, equalizes sounds and more.
- One of the best things about this tool is that it’s free.
- If you were not able to flip or mirror videos until now, from now on you will never have to worry about this ever again.
- After checking out the manual that comes with the software, you will be able to manage your videos really quickly and effortlessly.
- You have to install the video flipper and launch the app to get started with flipping your video that way you want to.
We recommend that you pay a visit on Movavi Video Editor’s website and check out more features and advantages that you will be able to enjoy or you can try it for free using the link below.
Windows Movie Maker
Using Windows Movie Maker, it will be straightforward to rotate a video to its correct orientation. This tool also comes packed with lots of other features as well. For starters. Here’s what you have to do to rotate your video:
- Once you load your clip into the program, you should see a preview on the left and the scenes on the right side.
- Click on the Home tab, and there you will see a Rotate Left and Rotate Right option.
- In order to save this fix for good, you have to save your file out: click on File and Save Movie.
- Windows Movie Maker comes with lots of other options for saving your movie file depending on what device you are planning to view it on.
There are also lots of other features included in this handy tool such as photo transition effects, filters for image enhancement, lots of fonts for your subtitles, background music, HD video quality and many more. You can check them all out after getting Windows Movie Maker for free from the Microsoft Store.
VideoPad Video Editor
VideoPad Video Editor is an entry-level video editing app that is really powerful for creators who want to publish their videos to YouTube or Facebook. This is easy to use, and it makes the workflow of social publishing easier.
Check out the best features and functionalities that you will be able to enjoy while you are using this tool:
- You can flip your video the way you want to.
- You will be able to fill out the description, tags and more metadata for your video and upload it online straight from the app.
- This software comes with the basic video editing features, but you won’t find any cutting-edge technologies.
- VideoPad comes with a vast library of tools and plug-ins that make it really effective at specific tasks.
This tool is ideal for content creators who want to export their videos on YouTube and other social platforms. Check out more exciting functionalities that are packed into this tool by downloading VideoPad Video Editor.
VLC Media Player
This is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that is able to play most multimedia files and DVDs, CDs and more. VLC Media player is obviously able to play damaged video files, and this is why we include it in our list. It also comes with pretty much every video codec already built-in.
Here’s what you have to do in order to rotate a video in VLC:
- First, you have to open the video so that it’s playing.
- Click on Tools and then Effects and Filters.
- On the Adjustments and Effects dialog, you will have to click on the Video Effects tab and then press the Geometry tab.
- Now, you will be able to adjust the video’s orientation in two ways; the easiest one is to check the Transform box and choose Rotate by 180 degrees from the drop-down menu.
There are other options included in this tool such as rotating the video at any angle that you want to and more. To check them all out, we recommend that you head over to VLC Media Player’s official website.
These are our five picks for the best software that can quickly flip your upside-down videos. No matter which one you’ll go for, you will see that there are more functionalities included in each and every one of them that you will be able to enjoy if you want to edit your video.
Fix Upside-down Videos Software FAQ:
- Can a video be flipped?
Of course, especially if you use Adobe Premiere Pro. You can flip your video very quickly by applying “Horizontal Flip” effect from the “Effects” panel.
- What program can I use to rotate a video?
Adobe Premiere Pro is an expert in editing videos, so you can rotate your video using the “Controls” panel, so after that go to “Transform”. You can rotate your video till you choose the best orientation.
- How do I rotate an mp4 video?
Adobe Premiere Pro can help you rotate an mp4 video, as well by using the “Controls” panel, so after that go to “Transform”. You can rotate your video till you choose the best orientation.