- If you get the ACPI BIOS error in Windows 10, it is surely because of a corrupted system file.
- You can easily fix the error by installing this third-party software below.
- Use our driver update solution to get rid of the Windows ACPI BIOS error.
- Make sure your hardware is working properly by following our method below.
Blue Screen of Death errors such as ACPI_BIOS_ERROR can be serious since they will restart your computer every time they appear.
These types of errors can sometimes even prevent Windows 10 from starting, therefore it’s crucial that you know how to fix these types of errors.
Windows stop code ACPI BIOS is a blue screen error, and just like any other BSOD error, it will force your PC to crash. Speaking of this problem, users reported the following issues:
- Acpi_bios_error Windows 10 install – This error can appear while trying to install Windows 10. If this happens, it’s advised to check your BIOS configuration and change a couple of settings before attempting to install Windows 10 again.
- Acpi_bios_error Windows 8, Windows 7 – Many users reported this error in both Windows 8 and Windows 7. Even if you’re not using Windows 10, you should be able to fix your problem by using one of our solutions.
- Acpi_bios_error Surface 2 – This issue can affect almost any Windows device and Surface is not an exception. If you have this problem on your Surface device, you might be able to fix it using the solutions from this article.
- Acpi bios error RAM – Most common hardware cause for blue screen errors is your RAM. If you have this problem on your PC, it’s advised to scan your RAM and check if it’s faulty. In addition, be sure to remove any overclock settings that you have applied to your RAM.
- Acpi bios error Toshiba, Asus, Acer, Sony Vaio, Dell, HP, Lenovo – This issue can affect PCs from any manufacturer. This problem can be related to your drivers, so you might have to update them or find and reinstall the problematic driver.
- Acpi_bios_error acpi.sys – This error message will sometimes give you a name of the file that caused the error. If that happens, you need to do a bit of research and find the driver or device that is associated with that file.
- Acpi bios error loop, blue screen – Since this is a blue screen error, sometimes it might force your PC into a restart loop. This can be a big problem, but you should be able to fix it by changing your BIOS settings.
How can I fix the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR BSOD error?
1. Use a third-party BSoD fixer
One easy way to fix any BSoD error is by installing specialized software. This kind of specialized software scans your device for corrupted system files or harmful files from other software.
Afterward, it shows you a list with all of them. You can choose to restore these files with a couple of simple clicks. The program does everything for you.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Remove your SSD and update your BIOS
- Locate your SSD drive and disconnect it.
- Start your laptop and you should see Samsung prompt asking you to press F4 to start Recovery Mode.
- Press F4 and quickly reconnect your SSD drive.
- Choose the option to restore and wait for the process to complete.
- Run SW Update software and install the BIOS update.
A number of Samsung laptop owners reported that they cannot even boot to Windows 10 due ACPI_BIOS_ERROR BSOD error, and according to them, the only solution is to remove the SSD drive and restore Windows 10. To do that, follow the steps above.
Nite: Installing BIOS is an advanced procedure, and you can cause permanent damage to your PC if you don’t perform it properly, so be sure to check your motherboard manual for detailed instructions.
3. Enter BIOS and disable AHCI
Many users reported that they managed to fix ACPI_BIOS_ERROR error by entering BIOS and disabling AHCI. There are multiple motherboard manufacturers which have different UIs for their BIOS.
Therefore, there are many ways to access your BIOS and change those settings. Since not all of them look the same, we strongly advise you to check your motherboard manual.
For more detailed instructions on how to enter BIOS and how to disable AHCI on your computer, be sure to read your motherboard manual.
4. Update your drivers
Blue Screen of Death errors are quite often caused by outdated or incompatible drivers, and in order to fix these kinds of problems, it’s highly recommended that you update your drivers.
Your operating system relies heavily on drivers in order to recognize and utilize your hardware, and if a certain driver is outdated, or not working properly, that will cause ACPI_BIOS_ERROR BSOD error and crash your PC.
Updating your drivers is fairly simple, and in order to do that, you just have to use a third-party driver updater, since these usually detect and update all of your drivers for you.
5. Set the ACPI mode to S1 in BIOS
According to users, ACPI_BIOS_ERROR Blue Screen of Death error usually appears while waking up PC from Sleep Mode, and in order to fix this problem, you’ll have to set ACPI mode to S1 in BIOS.
For detailed instructions on how to do that, we strongly advise that you check your motherboard manual for detailed instructions, since every motherboard’s bios has a different UI.
If your PC won’t wake up from Sleep Mode, take a look at this step-by-step guide to fix the issues with ease.
6. Disable the jumper JPME1 and reflash BIOS
Owners of X9DAI motherboard reported that disabling JPME1 jumper and reflashing the BIOS fixed this issue for them.
This process is advanced, and if you don’t perform it correctly, you can permanently damage your motherboard, so be extremely careful.
Once again, this solution apparently works with X9DAI motherboards, but if you’re using a different motherboard, you should probably skip this solution.
It’s important to mention that you need to power off your PC after you flash the BIOS in order to properly perform this step.
As we already mentioned, this is an advanced procedure, therefore use extra caution.
7. Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant driver
- Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager starts, locate Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control method battery.
- Right-click it, and choose Uninstall.
- Click the Scan for hardware changes button and let Windows 10 install any new drivers.
- Restart your PC.
Few users reported that uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control method battery driver fixed the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR BSOD error on certain laptops, so you might want to try it.
If you cannot access Windows 10 normally, you might have to perform these steps from Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode do the following:
- Restart your PC during the boot sequence few times.
- This should start Automatic Repair.
- Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options.
- Then, select System Startup and click the Restart button.
- Once your computer restarts, you’ll see a list of options. Press 5 or F5 to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Most Windows users don’t know how easy is to add Safe Mode to the boot menu. Find out how you can do it in just a couple of steps.
8. Install Windows 10 in UEFI mode
- Connect bootable USB flash drive to your PC and restart your computer.
- While your computer boots press F11 to select a boot device. Bear in mind that your motherboard might be using a different key, so be sure to check the motherboard manual for detailed instructions.
- You should see a list of options. Select UEFI: Your USB Flash Drive.
- Follow the instructions to complete Windows 10 setup.
Many users reported that they cannot install Windows 10 due to ACPI_BIOS_ERROR, but you can easily fix this problem by installing Windows 10 in UEFI mode.
To do this, you’ll need a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 on it. You can easily create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 on it. The easiest way to do it is by using the Media Creation Tool.
9. Remove the overclock settings
Many users tend to use overclocking software in order to get better performance from their hardware, but overclocking can cause all sorts of issues, such as ACPI_BIOS_ERROR BSOD error for example.
If you have any overclock settings, we urge you to remove them and check if that fixes the error for you, because such settings will drastically change how your PC acts and performs.
Users reported that after changing the RAM frequency to the default value in BIOS the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR error was resolved, so be sure to try that.
ACPI_BIOS_ERROR Blue Screen of Death is often caused by BIOS settings or firmware issues, but you can easily fix this error by using one of our solutions.
10. Reset BIOS to default
- Shut down your PC.
- Unplug it from the outlet.
- Open your computer case and locate the battery on your motherboard.
- Carefully remove it and wait a couple of minutes.
- After doing that, insert the battery back in and check if the problem is solved.
If you’re unable to access Windows due to ACPI_BIOS_ERROR message, the problem is most likely your BIOS configuration. To fix the issue, you might have to reset your BIOS to default.
This is rather simple, and in order to do it, you just need to enter BIOS and choose Restore defaults option. After doing that, your BIOS settings will revert to default.
You can also reset your BIOS by removing the battery on your motherboard.
That’s about it. We’ve listed lots of solutions for you to try. As always, for more questions or suggestions, reach for the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
A BIOS error is a type of boot failure. Take a look at this thorough article dedicated to this error to learn more about it.
Learn how to disable it by reading our detailed article consisting of everything you need to know about your BIOS.
You can easily fix it by checking this useful article dedicated to solving the ACPI BIOS error.