- Affinity Designer is a reliable choice vector graphic design solution, so you need to act fast when it fails to respond.
- Whether you want to skip the uninstall process or simply to save precious time, Adobe Illustrator is a great alternative to consider.
- For similar solutions, don't hesitate to check out our Affinity Designer section.
- Even more, don't hesitate to bookmark this PC Software Troubleshooting Hub for later reference.
Affinity Designer is your top choice vector graphic design solution, yet achieving high productivity becomes impossible when it fails to respond. Professional graphic designers describe all sorts of unpleasant situations.
Some say that the startup icon is nowhere to be found and Affinity Designer is not opening at all. No error messages are ever displayed, so they have no clue where to start their troubleshooting.
Other users complain that it is not working when using the appearance panel. One way or another, there’s no doubt that you need to take action and correct this issue that severely interrupts workflow.
Whenever you’re ready, the solutions below are waiting to be applied.
What can I do if Affinity Designer is not working?
1. Try out Adobe Illustrator
If you cherish your freedom to illustrate and precision for design, why don’t you try out Adobe Illustrator instead? Some of the fixes we’ve detailed below involve time-consuming troubleshooting and not all are up for the challenge.
Whether you want to skip the uninstall process or simply to save precious time, Adobe Illustrator is the smartest solution for your needs.
This software program assures graphics that are designed with maximum precision. No questionable resolution is in the cards while using it.
This time, the graphics are no longer based on stored pixels, but rather on mathematics equations. That’s why you’re always getting the sharpest results ever that may be easily printed in any desired dimension.
There’s no better choice for your design projects, especially when you start from scratch and have the highest expectations.
Key improvements over Affinity:
- It works with both vector and raster graphics
- It allows in-panel editing
- Feature-packed user interface
- Can be enjoyed on pretty much any computer system
- It integrates perfectly with other Adobe products such as Flash and Photoshop, to name a few
So, are you ready to go with this software instead of troubleshooting pesky Affinity Designer issues?
2. Uninstall Designer and reinstall it
- To begin the procedure, open Control Panel in icon view.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Then, select the program you wish to remove.
- You may either right-click it and select Uninstall or select Uninstall at the top of the list.
Uninstalling Affinity Designer in the hope of a fresh start has sometimes worked like a charm. Don’t hesitate to enter into my C: drive and delete all signs of Affinity. Up next, reinstall the program.
However, if getting a message saying The older version of Affinity Designer cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group, be sure to check out this amazing list with the best uninstaller software.
3. Fire up an SFC scan
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + R and the Run dialog box will open.
- Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open up an elevated Command Prompt.
- Then, select the Run as administrator option.
- After you’re inside the elevated Command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter: sfc /scannow
- Finally, close the elevated Command Prompt and restart your computer.
If you’re still unable to open Affinity Designer, chances are the path of your file is stored incorrectly.
Since the sfc /scannow command usually scans all system files and replaces corrupted files with a cached copy, it might be your best bet now.
Having problems using the SFC tool? Check this useful guide and set things right once again.
4. Make sure your computer is up to date
- Firstly, open the Control Panel.
- Click the System and Security option, then hit Windows Update.
- Windows Update should now check for any available updates for your PC.
- Assuming that some updates are found, they’ll be shown, so don’t hesitate to install all important updates and service packs that are available.
Users tend to rely on Windows 10 for updates, but don’t take it for granted.
Even if Windows Update automatically installs updates as they become available, there are times when you may need to double-check that things go according to the plan.
A simple update is not only essential to keep your computer both safe and efficient, but also fixes many bugs or glitches from the applications, which may be your case.
Let us know how the above procedures went for you or if Adobe Illustrator already took Affinity Designer’s place. The comments area is waiting for you.
FAQ: Learn more about Affinity Designer
- What does Affinity Designer do?
Affinity Designer is a vector graphics editor used by professionals. Some of its top edge features include vector pen and shape-drawing tools, text style management, and dynamic symbols.
- Is Affinity Designer any good?
Affinity Designer started as a vector graphics editor exclusively for Mac OS and it turned rapidly into an interesting choice for multiple platforms.
- Is Affinity Designer as good as Illustrator?
If you’ve never tried Illustrator before, you’ll be surprised by how this software program assures graphics that are designed with unmatched precision. That’s why it gets a higher score than its counterpart.