Astroneer is one of the most popular games of the moment. In it, you’ll explore distant worlds to extract valuable resources. The game’s action takes place during the 25th cen25th-centurysh, an era when everybody’s goal is to explore the frontiers of outer space and find rare resources. Players can trade the resources they find or craft them into various tools and industrial buildings.
As we already reported a few days ago, Astroneer is affected by many technical issues. However, this is not a surprise since the game is still a work in progress.
The good news is that System Era Softworks recently rolled out an update that fixes many Astroneer bugs. This patch fixes 10 different crash issues, various gamepad and controller issues, and more.
Astroneer bug fixes
- Fixed deadlock causing freezes on many machines, especially those with dual core CPUs.
- Fixed 10 different crash issues affecting save reloads, multiplayer joins, and general gameplay.
- Decreased performance impact of distant objects
- Fixed certain performance problems that appear after loading a save.
- Optimized tether networks to significantly improve framerate performance.
- Tethers now go dark when disconnected from their sources.
- Fixed invert Y for gamepad applying to cursor motion
- Controls screen accessed from pause menu now correctly displays controller buttons when using controller.
- Fixed host’s gamepad cursor becoming bugged when a client joins
- Fixed ability to pick yourself up while in a seat, and being unable to leave seat.
- Fixed bug where after loading a save, unplaced dropships would freak out.
The Astroneer 0.2.111.0 Update also includes two new game features: Players can now enter their seat even when it’s detached from a vehicle and sit in a dropship while mounted on a vehicle.
Have you downloaded the latest Astroneer update? Has this patch improved your gaming experience?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: