Can’t install Asus Smart Gesture driver on Windows 10 [FULL FIX]
If you want your laptop to work properly, you need to have the appropriate software installed. Speaking of software, users reported that they can’t install the Asus Smart Gesture driver on Windows 10, so let’s see how to fix this issue.
Here are some more examples of this problem:
- Asus Smart Gesture there is a problem with this windows installer package – This issue appears when you’re not able to install Asus Smart Gesture drivers using the official installer.
- Asus Smart Gesture another installation is in progress – This error prevents you to install the drivers, even if another installation is not in progress.
- Asus Smart Gesture source file not found – Another driver installation issue, that appears when the installer is unable to locate the source of the driver file.
- Can’t uninstall Asus Smart Gesture – Besides driver installation problem, Asus Smart Gesture can also cause uninstallation issues to some users.
- Asus Smart Gesture problem with Windows installer – Another issue that affects the Asus Smart Gesture driver installer.
- Asus Smart Gesture the specified account already exists – Although this issue tells you that something’s wrong with your user account, it can be resolved with a simple update.
Steps to install Asus Smart Gesture driver on Windows 10:
- Run the driver setup file as an administrator
- Download Touchpad Synaptics instead
- Remove Asus Smart Gesture and reinstall the driver
- Repair the driver and install the newer version
- Reset Asus Smart Gesture settings
- Load BIOS Defaults
- Update BIOS
- Reset Windows
Solution 1 – Run the driver setup file as an administrator
Users reported that they are unable to install the Asus Smart Gesture driver on Windows 10, but you can easily fix this issue by running the setup file as an administrator.
To do that, locate the setup file, right click it and choose Run as administrator from the menu.
Solution 2 – Download Touchpad Synaptics instead
If you can’t install Asus Smart Gesture driver on Windows 10, users are suggesting to install Synaptics Touchpad driver instead.
According to them, Touchpad Synaptics for Windows 8.1 works perfectly on Windows 10, but be sure to download Windows 10 version if it’s available.
Alternatively, some users are suggesting to install Sentelic drivers instead.
Solution 3 – Remove Asus Smart Gesture and reinstall the driver
According to users, in order to fix this problem, you need to manually remove the Asus Smart Gesture driver. To do that simply search your computer for Asus Smart Gesture and delete all files related to it.
To make sure that you delete all the files related to Asus Smart Gesture, you may want to use an uninstaller. Check out this list with the best uninstallers available right now.
Bear in mind that those files won’t disappear until you restart your PC. After restarting your PC go to the Asus website and download the touchpad driver for your laptop.
After downloading the file click the Disable3fun.exe and extract all folders. Once you’re done, run the SetupTPdriver.msi and install a new driver.
Restart your PC once again. Now you just need to open Device Manager and locate your touchpad, right click it and choose the option to Update the driver. Windows 10 should download the latest version of the driver for you.
If updating the driver manually from Windows doesn’t work, we strongly suggest to do it automatically by using Tweakbit’s Driver Updater tool.
This tool is approved by Microsoft and Norton Antivirus. After several tests, our team concluded that this is the best automatized solution. Below you can find a quick guide on how to do it.
- Download and install TweakBit Driver Updater.
- Once installed, the program will start scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check your installed driver versions against its cloud database of the latest versions and recommend proper updates. All you need to do is wait for the scan to complete.
- Upon scan completion, you get a report on all problem drivers found on your PC. Review the list and see if you want to update each driver individually or all at once. To update one driver at a time, click the ‘Update driver’ link next to the driver name. Or simply click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to automatically install all recommended updates.
Note: Some drivers need to be installed in multiple steps so you will have to hit the ‘Update’ button several times until all of its components are installed.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool are not free.
Solution 4 – Repair the driver and install the newer version
To fix this problem you need to repair the Smart Gesture driver that you have installed on your PC. To do that follow these steps:
- Go to Asus website and download the same version of the Smart Gesture driver that you have installed. After you download the driver, run it and extract the setup files.
- Now open Programs and Features. To do that press Windows Key + S, enter programs and features and select Programs and Features from the list.
- List of installed software will appear. Select Asus Smart Gesture driver and click Repair or Change.
- Locate the driver setup file and select it.
After repairing the driver, you should be able to uninstall it and install the version for Windows 10.
Solution 5 – Reset Asus Smart Gesture settings
There’s a chance you’re not able to update because something’s wrong with Asus Smart Gesture settings. So, we’re going to reset the settings, and try to install updates once again. Here’s how to reset Asus Smart Gesture settings:
- Go to Control Panel
- Find Asus Smart Gesture, and open it
- Click Set all to default
- Restart your computer
Solution 6 – Load BIOS Defaults
Now, let’s move on to BIOS-related solutions. Although it’s not quite often the case, your BIOS settings may actually block certain updates from installing. So, the first thing we’re going to do now is load BIOS defaults.
Since this process isn’t identical on all computers, I can’t exactly tell you how exactly how to perform it. All in all, the point is to enter BIOS (probably by pressing DEL on the boot) and go to the option for loading BIOS defaults.
If you don’t know how to do this, google your motherboard for a more detailed explanation or check the link below.
If Windows skips BIOS, take a look at this useful guide to solve the problem quickly.
Solution 7 – Update BIOS
If resetting your BIOS settings didn’t get the job done, we’ll try a more serious measure – updating your BIOS. There’s a good chance you’ve never done this in your life before.
And that’s fine, updating BIOS isn’t something you do every day. And it should be like that. Becuase updating BIOS is quite risky.
One mistake can render your BIOS, and therefore your computer useless. So, you should really approach the whole process with extra care. I recommend you reading our article about flashing BIOS for some additional info.
And even after reading the article, you should ask somebody else to update your BIOS, if you don’t know what you’re doing. Take care.
Solution 8 – Reset Windows
If none of the solutions from above managed to solve the problem, the only thing left to do is resetting your Windows operating system.
There are multiple ways to reset Windows 10, but if you’re not sure how to perform any, everything is explained in the link below.
Installing Asus Smart Gesture driver on Windows 10 can sometimes be problematic but, hopefully, you managed to install it after using one of our solutions.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to take a look.
- How to Turn off Touchpad in Windows 8, 8.1
- Fix: Lenovo E420 Touchpad Issues on Windows 10
- Touchpad Disabled on the Logon screen in Windows 8.1 [Fixed]
- Fix This: Touchpad Freezes on Windows 8.1
- How to Fix Left, Right Click Touchpad Issues in Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
If you find yourself looking at a Server execution failed error inside the Add roles and Features wizard, you must know you are not the […]
Adding data labels is one of the most basic functions in Power BI. As you well know, the visualizing of data is one of the […]