4 best tools to record audio with timestamp [Windows & Mac]
- Using an audio timestamp in your recordings can be very useful, as it clarifies any eventual problems regarding the decisions that have been made.
- The software you're using to create recordings needs to have the capability to create high-quality recordings, and also have specific timestamp features.
- The Adobes' suite provides with a great software timestamp, that you can use to navigate the recording with ease.
- You can also use one of the most popular open-source software when it comes to audio recorders with timestamp capabilities, so check out below our recommendations.
Audio production is one of the most important parts of media creation as it allows the listener to be fully immersed into the complexity of a project/creation.
We, as listeners, should be aware that behind every recording there are thousands of elements that require careful changes and alterations in order for the finished piece to be pleasant to listen to.
Production and audio experts spend hundreds of hours making sure that every sound wave that ends up hitting your ear-drum is perfectly tuned and calibrated.
Knowing what are the best tools to reach the required results is critical. If a particular audio part doesn’t sound right, you can quickly isolate it using a timestamp.
This article covers both sides of the spectrum. We’ll show you what are some of the best low-end home user audio recording tools with timestamp support as well as advanced professional tools.
Of course, the first category is compatible with low-end PCs and the second one can run perfectly find on high-end machines.
What are the best timestamp audio recording software tools?
Adobe Audition CC
Adobe Audition CC is a professional and very powerful audio workstation that offers many features that allow you to record audio, synchronize it, restore/repair audio files, and more.
The variety of effects Audition has to offer makes it one of the most complex audio/video editing tools.
Its features allow you to easily apply effects one-at-a-time by selecting them in the effects menu or as a batch (list of effects) from the effects rack. You can use as many timestamps as you want to navigate the recording with ease.
Using the latter option allows you to try multiple combinations of audio effects without applying them to the file you’re trying to edit.
One of the best features of Audition is the fact that it offers the possibility to choose from a long list of presets with very detailed controls allowing modification of any aspect of the audio/video file.
Key features include:
- Multi-track or waveform views for easy editing
- Sound effects design allows you to customize any aspect of the audio files
- Automated sound clean-u options
- Audio restoration/repair
- Batch processing allows you to apply/edit effects on multiple files at the same time
- Spectral frequency display that allows you to visually remove beeps, hisses and other noises
- Adobe offers a variety of tutorials regarding using their software
- Timestamp processing
Adobe Audition CC
You can use Adobe Audition CC for precision editing down to the millisecond, so give it a try!
Audacity is one of the most popular open-source software when it comes to audio recorders/editors. Of course, timestamp capabilities are also included.
Even though it was created in 1999 by two students, it quickly managed to attract attention because of its light-weight, user-friendly interface that packs a lot of power under the seemingly simple hood.
Audacity is used across the globe for a variety of different tasks including recording/playback of sounds, multi-track mixing, audio spectrum analysis, editing, etc.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
It offers a large array of digital effects and plug-ins with the option to create your own effects from scratch.
Total Recorder is a simple light-weight software that allows you to effectively record streaming audio from players such as Real Player and Windows Media Player.
The tool also includes a time shift-feature for automated off-hours recording. This program can display the time that a particular position in a recording was recorded, on the basis of the timestamp tag.
Key features include:
- Captures audio/video played either by your computer or as a streamed online video or audio
- Ability to schedule a recording, internet broadcast or online television in order for you to listen/watch them whenever you want to
- Records sounds through a microphone or other external devices such as tape players, portable music players, etc.
- Offers you the ability to process digital audio using different add-ons – equalizer, noise cancellation, audio cleaning, etc.
- Easily convert different audio and video formats – AVI, WMV , FLV, 3GP and uncompressed MP3, WAV, FLAC without any loss of quality
Wavosaur is another light-weight alternative that can help you reach your audio-editing goals while having the option to use timestamps for the effective processing of audio files.
Comparing it to Audacity, Wavosaur gives you the power to edit multiple projects at once by using tabs the same way you would use them in Google Chrome.
Even though it is having a simple-looking interface, it offers a few very important advanced features – auto-trim, silence remover, crossfade looping, exportation of audio regions, etc. The tool supports VST plugins as well.
One of its best features is its portability. It is a bit harder to master than Audacity, but it’s worth the effort considering the increase in productivity that the tab feature allows.
On the official download page you can find useful items like: manuals, audio tools, tutorials, and also skin editors to make your Wavosaur your own.
The software options presented in this article are some of the best audio recording software with timestamp capabilities. Some of them are free, others are paid.
They’re all compatible with a variety of computer configurations, starting from low-end Windows 10 PCs to high-end professional platforms.
Having these tools at your disposal will surely help you reach your goals regarding audio recording and editing. With these programs, you can quickly finish your audio projects in the most efficient and practical way possible.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.