- The Backend error, Error signing in Warhammer 40K Darktide is mainly caused by problems with the developer's backend servers.
- There are not many things to do but you can still try a few things to re-establish the connection, such as restarting your router.
- Verifying the game files' integrity in Steam is another way of approaching this issue.
Warhammer 40K Darktide is a co-op-focused game developed by Fatshark and it’s already a hit. However, many gamers are reporting a Backend error, Error signing in when they launch the game or when creating their character.
Why do I get the Backend error, Error signing in Darktide?
Unfortunately, this is a known bug that is related to the developers’ servers hence the name Backend error.
However, you may also get an Error signing in message even if you have a poor connection and you simply can’t reach their servers.
Although this is mainly an issue concerning their servers and you can’t influence that, there are some things you can do about it.
How do I fix Darktide backend error signing in in Warhammer 40K?
Before going into more complex solutions, let’s crosscheck some easy methods to fix this problem off the bat:
- Check the server status for Warhammer 40K Darktide. To do that, follow the Darktide Comms on Twitter where they post status updates. You may also follow the Darktide channel on Discord for the same purpose.
- Restart your router. Just unplug and turn off your device, wait for at least 30 seconds, reconnect and power back the device. Follow our guide on how to fix router issues if you have problems with it.
- If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, try switching to a cable connection if that is possible.
- Restart your Steam app and your system. Although it seems weird, it actually fixed the issue for some of our readers.
Now that we got these potential problems out of the way, let’s see how we can fix the problem quickly.
1. Verify the game files’ integrity
- Start the Steam app.
- Go to Library.
- Right-click on Warhammer 40K Darktide and select Properties.
- Select Local Files and click on the Verify the Integrity of game files option.
- If there are any issues with the game files, the app will fix the problem.
2. Use a VPN
Some of our readers fixed this problem by using a VPN. Since this is a backend server problem and there are different servers for different regions, this might work just fine.
For this purpose, we recommend NordVPN which is the best right now for gaming. It’s extremely fast, has worldwide coverage, and unlocks any restricted content.
After you install the VPN, change the country or region and see if the Backend error, Error signing in error in Warhammer 40K Darktide is still there.
A great VPN source that helps you unlock any restricted content and provide lightning-fast speeds.
3. Disable your firewall
- Click the Start button, type firewall, and open Windows Defender Firewall from the results.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Now, turn off Windows Firewall for all networks and press the OK button at the end.
- Try to start Steam and the game and see if it makes a difference.
If you have a third-party antivirus with a firewall installed, try disabling the firewall from its settings menu.
Should the solution didn’t work, turn the firewall back on because it protects your system against a lot of threats.
We remind you that this is a backend server problem so sometimes, the solution is to wait until the servers are fixed.
We hope that our guide helped you fix the Backend error, Error signing in in Warhammer 40K Darktide and now you’re enjoying the game.
You might also be interested in our guide on what to do if Steam can’t go online if you’re facing this issue.
For any other questions or suggestions, leave us a comment in the dedicated section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.