Can’t add friends in Battle.net games? Fix this problem now
- The Battle.net launcher is at the heart of Blizzard's gaming platform, bringing players together from across different games.
- Whilst Battle.net is one of the best platforms out there, it is not immune to bugs, and one recent problem reported by gamers is that they are unable to add friends.
- We've covered Battle.net extensively in the past, and will continue to do so whenever something comes up. To be up to date on the latest Blizzard news, make sure, make sure you come back to our Battle.net page often.
- If you have any problems with Blizzard or Battle.net, head on over to our troubleshooting page where we cover the latest issues that come up.
Battle.net is a great service, but many users reported that they keep having issues while adding friends. This can be a problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this issue once and for all.
The greatest thing about multiplayer games is, besides the PvP experience, enjoying the game with your friends. Fighting against dungeon hordes in WoW seems much easier with friend cooperation, and it’s always more fun to play HeartStone with someone you know.
However, we’ve read some reports about friend requests and BattleTag issues. According to them, some users are unable to send or accept friend requests. So, if you’re facing this issue as well, we’ve prepared a few solutions that might come in handy.
Fix Battle.net missing friends and other problems with these solutions
1. Change region
Although Battle.net is great, it has some strange limitations. The entire service is region locked meaning that you can only play with friends that are located in the same region. This isn’t a big issue since you can easily change your region in the desktop application. Make sure both of you are on the same server and try sending a request then. You can check your current region at any time from the desktop application.
If you and your friend are in the same region, proceed to the next solution.
2. Turn off parental control
Parental control is a great security and time-limiting addition to a multiplayer platform. It prevents minors from making in-game purchases and lets parents create playing schedules. But, some of the available options will prevent the user from sending/receiving friend requests. You should disable those options in order to resolve the issue.
3. Make some space in the friends cap
If you have a lot of friends, there is a possibility that your friends cap is full. Be sure to check that out. If your friends cap is full, you should remove some inactive players and make space for new friends.
4. Add friends by e-mail
As you probably know, you can add friends with BattleTag or e-mail address. If the BattleTag option isn’t proving reliable, try searching for your friends with e-mail address they used to create an account. It’ll take you a little more time, but it can be more useful.
If all of these solutions proved to be ineffective, all we can do is wait for some of the upcoming patches to fix this up. In case these workarounds were helpful, give us a heads up in the comments section.