- The bcrypt.dll error can arise from different reasons, like a faulty application or malicious software.
- To easily fix the bcrypt.dll issue in Windows 10, you can use a third-party software solution.
- The bcrypt.dll not found error can occur due to malware infection, so make sure to scan your PC.
- If nothing works, resetting your system can solve the bcrypt.dll is missing problem.
The probability that you are a Windows 10 user and you have never seen any DLL error is in the domain of science fiction.
Dynamic-link library is a Microsoft library that contains data and code that can be used by more than one program at the same time.
The frequent missing DLL files are mostly related to DirectX or redistributables, but even the minor DLL file like bcrypt.dll can occur from time to time.
This file is essential for running certain applications and if it’s not in its place when called, the error bcrypt.dll missing will occur.
For the purpose of addressing this, we prepared a list of viable solutions. If you’re stuck with the error at hand, make sure to follow them closely and we should be in the clear.
Before we move on to solutions, we recommend updating your system. It seems that in a lot of instances major updates disrupt the system. Not a single major update came without any issues.
So, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and check for available updates. That might fix the problem.
How do I fix the bcrypt.dll missing error in Windows 10?
1. Use Restoro
The safest solution to solve various DLL problems is to use third-party software, like Restoro. Using this tool will spare the troubleshooting time.
Restoro is a reliable third-party DLL fixer which uses a built-in automated system and an online library full of functional DLLs to replace and repair any files that might be corrupted or damaged on your PC.
All you need to do to resolve your PC’s problems is to launch it, and simply follow the on-screen instructions to start the process, as everything else is covered by the software’s automated processes.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for it to scan your PC for any stability issues and possible malware.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After this process is completed your PC will be as good as new, and you will no longer have to deal with BSoD errors, slow response times, or other similar issues.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Run SFC
- Press Windows + S to open Windows Search bar.
- Type cmd.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and run it as an administrator.
- In the command line, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- After the procedure ends, restart your PC.
Note: System File Checker is a utility tool in Windows 10, with the main purpose to locate the system files with false integrity or corruption and replace them accordingly.
3. Clean junk files
- Press Windows key + S to open Search bar.
- Type in dsk and open Disk Cleanup.
- Choose the system partition and click OK.
- Click on Clean system files and choose the system partition again. The calculation can take some time.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
Note: Windows 10 stores a lot of redundant files that take a lot more space than usual on your system partition and can, in the worst-case scenario, cause certain issues.
In order to resolve this, we recommend deleting all cluttering junk files from your system. We recommend Disk Cleanup. This is a native utility and the risk of deletion of important files is close to zero.
4. Scan for malware
- Open the Windows search bar and type Virus & threat protection and select it.
- Open Scan Options.
- Select Windows Defender Offline Scan and click Scan now.
- Your computer will restart and the scanning procedure will start.
Note: Malware infection can also be the cause for bcrypt.dll error in Windows 10.
5. Reinstall the affected program
- In the Windows Search bar, type Control and open Control Panel from the list of results.
- From the Category view, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Uninstall the game/application which invokes the error.
- Download the latest installation package and install it again.
Note: This DLL file, like so many others, is an integral part of communication between the system and third-party applications or games.
The error at hand will most likely pop-up while you’re trying to start the game or application. In order to address this, we recommend reinstallation of the affected program which won’t start.
6. Reset PC to factory settings
- Press Windows key + I to summon the Settings app.
- Open the Update & Security section.
- Choose Recovery.
- Under Reset this PC, click Get started.
- Preserve your files when prompted and continue with the procedure.
Hopefully, these solutions worked for you and the bcrypt.dll is missing error is now gone. These solutions can also be used for other DLL missing issues.
Don’t forget to tell us about the results or provide alternative solutions in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The bcrypt.dll file is an essential system file that ensures Windows programs work properly. If you’re dealing with issues related to this DLL, take a look at our quick guide with solutions for bcrypt.dll errors.
Missing DLL files can lead to problems when using certain apps. Our guide on how to fix missing DLL files is exactly what you’re looking for.
This particular DLL can cause you problems when installing or playing a game. Take a look at our guide with quick solutions on how to fix unarc.dll errors.