- Bluestacks is one of the best Android emulators for Windows 10 and you can use it to play over 1 million mobile games.
- Many users reported black screen issues while trying to use Bluestacks, blocking them from running any applications.
- If you want to learn more about this emulator, explore our comprehensive Bluestacks page.
- Check out our awesome Gaming Hub for more information about the world you love.
Bluestacks is a popular Android emulator for Windows, but many users reported a black screen while using Bluestacks.
This can be a big problem and prevent you from running many applications, and in this article, we’re going to try to fix this issue.
This isn’t the only issue that users encountered, and speaking of issues, here are some common problems that users reported:
- Bluestacks black screen Intel graphics, Nvidia – Can be caused by driver problems, so reinstall or update them. Changing graphics card settings or running Bluestacks using the integrated graphics may also solve the issue.
- Bluestacks black screen after loading app, apps not working black screen – The app you’re trying to run is encountering issues, can be solved by reinstalling the app.
- The Bluestacks screen turns black – Can be caused by the sleep timer, can be solved by downloading the Settings app , and setting the sleep timer to 30 minutes or so.
- Bluestacks goes to black screen – Occurs if your Bluestacks installation is damaged, can be fixed by reinstalling Bluestacks.
- Bluestacks black screen after initializing, on startup – Try updating Bluestacks or switch to a different Android emulator.
How can I fix the Bluestacks black screen issue?
- Reinstall your graphics card driver
- Update your graphics card drivers
- Run Bluestacks with integrated graphics
- Turn off the sleep timer
- Try a different emulator
- Turn off the Threaded optimization
- Reinstall the app you’re trying to run
1. Reinstall your graphics card driver
- Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager from the menu.
- Find your graphics card driver on the list, right-click it, and select Uninstall device.
- If available, check to Remove driver software for this device option, and click the Uninstall button to remove the driver.
- After you successfully remove the driver, click Scan for hardware changes icon to install the default driver.
Note: Bear in mind that the default driver might not offer the same performance, so if you want to play the latest games, you might want to update it.
2. Update your graphics card drivers
If reinstalling the graphics card driver didn’t solve the problem with Bluestacks and black screen, you should definitely try updating your drivers to the latest version and check if that helps.
If the manual method seems a bit too complicated, you can always use third-party solutions.
By using this tool you’ll scan your entire system for outdated drivers and choose which drivers you want to update automatically.
The tool is quite simple to use, and you should be able to update all your drivers in just a couple of clicks.
3. Run Bluestacks with integrated graphics
A black screen in Bluestacks can sometimes appear if you have both dedicated and integrated graphics processors. Several users reported that they fixed the problem simply by setting Bluestacks to run with integrated GPU.
To do that, you just have to right-click the Bluestacks shortcut and choose the option to run it with integrated graphics. If this method works, you’ll have to repeat it every time you want to start Bluestacks.
If you want to configure Bluestacks to run always powered by your integrated GPU, you need to make a couple of changes in your graphics card control panel software.
Bear in mind that your integrated graphics doesn’t offer the same performance as dedicated graphics, so you might not be able to achieve the same performance in games while using your integrated graphics.
4. Turn off the sleep timer
According to users, sometimes a black screen appears simply because Bluestacks goes to sleep. This usually occurs after a minute or two or when loading certain games.
To fix this problem, users are suggesting installing the Settings app on Bluestacks and use the app to turn off the sleep timer. Once you disable the sleep timer, check if the problem is still there.
5. Try a different emulator
Bluestacks is a solid Android emulator, but it’s not the only one, and if you’re having a black screen while using it, perhaps you might want to consider switching to a different Android emulator.
We have already covered the best Android emulators for Windows, but if you’re looking for a good Bluestacks alternative.
6. Turn off the Threaded optimization
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D Settings from the left pane, click the Program Settings tab and select Bluestacks from the list (if it’s not there, click the Add button and select Bluestacks Frontend).
- Locate Threaded optimization on the list and set it to Off. Click Apply to save changes.
After making these changes, check if the problem is still there. If you’re using AMD graphics, you should have the same options available in the Catalyst Control Center.
7. Reinstall the app you’re trying to run
If you keep getting a black screen while trying to run Bluestacks, perhaps the problem is related to your installation. Sometimes your Bluestacks installation might be damaged, and that can cause this issue to appear.
To fix the problem, it’s advised to uninstall Bluestacks completely from your PC, and then install it again.
After doing that, the app should be able to start without any problems.
We hope that one of our solutions helped you fix the problem with Bluestacks. If you have any suggestions or additions, please write them in the Comments section below.