Those of you that love mobile games but hate the concept of playing on your phone are probably well aware of what BlueStacks is.
For those of you that don’t know, the BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on PCs running Microsoft Windows and Apple’s macOS.
This means that you can enjoy all of your favorite games on a machine that will never run out of battery, and that has much better performance than an average phone.
However, even BlueStacks has occasional bugs in the system. For example, users have reported that sometimes they cannot load files into BlueStacks because the folder containing them is not visible to the app.
so i’m trying to install an obb with which to install an apk, but i can’t figure out how to do so. i’ve installed es file explorer and fx file explorer to search for the windows shared folder, but on both applications the folder is inaccessible and greyed out. i don’t know why that is, or what i can do to fix it or bypass it. please help me, i’m at my wit’s end.
Since this bug prevents program functionality entirely, it has been deemed as a serious issue. As such, we’ve decided to create this step-by-step guide that will tell you exactly what you need to do to fix it.
How can I open folders in BlueStacks again?
- Open the File Explorer
- In the top toolbar, check to enable Hidden items and File extensions
- Go to C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Engine\UserData\SharedFolder
- Copy or drag the file you need to open into that folder
- Launch BlueStacks
- Access the Menu
- Go to Storage
- Select Explore
- Select the Windows folder
- Go to BstSharedFolder
- The file should be located here
- Copy it and paste it on the phone’s storage in the Android OBB folder
By following these steps, you should be able to transfer files from your PC to your Android phone via BlueStacks. The method may seem a bit complicated at first, but unfortunately, it is the only fix to the issue.
There is no information as to why this error occurs, but now at least you know of a good workaround.
If you want to read about more tips, tricks and fixes about BlueStacks, leave us a message in the comments section below.
- FIX: Bluestacks failed to connect to server on Windows 10
- BlueStacks isn’t opening? Fix it with these 4 solutions
- Accounts.google.com connection problem in Bluestacks [FIX]