- Emulators are a great way to enjoy older games on your PC, and nowadays there are emulators for every major console.
- PCSX2 emulator has been around for years, however, many users reported Runtime error while using it.
- Runtime errors can affect a wide array of applications, so be sure to visit our dedicated Runtime errors section for more information.
- Are you interested in emulation? If so, we suggest you visit our Emulators Hub for more news and guides like this one.
PCSX2 is a popular PlayStation 2 emulator, but recently some users reported various issues with it. One of the most notable issues is the Runtime error.
These types of errors can occur due to the missing files, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix the Runtime error on PCSX2 for good.
How can I fix PCSX2 Runtime error?
1. Make sure you have the necessary components installed
- Download and install DirectX.
- Download the required C++ Redistributables.
You might have to install multiple versions depending on the application requirements. Also, be sure to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Few users reported that installing the required components fixed the Runtime error in PCSX2, so be sure to try that.
You can also try installing DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- Go to This PC.
- Locate the virtual disc drive, right-click it, and choose Eject.
- Do that for all virtual discs.
- After doing that, check if the problem is still there.
3. Edit the GSdx.ini file
- Locate the ini file in the PCSX2 directory and open it with Notepad.
- Add the following line:
- Save changes.
Keep in mind that this solution works only if Windows isn’t installed on the C drive. In our example we used E as the drive letter, so be sure to replace it with the appropriate drive letter on your PC.
4. Reinstall application and the required components
- Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Locate PCSX2 and click the Uninstall button.
- Optional: Do the same for DirectX and C++ Redistributables.
- Install the removed applications again.
PCSX2 is a great emulator, and now you should be able to fix Runtime error on it in a matter of seconds. What kind of games do you play on PCSX2? Let us know in the comments below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.