Is there any way to blur images in Paint 3D?
Paint 3D is one of the newest apps from Microsoft, so, it was expected to have many interesting features. However, this is not the case.
Many basic features are missing, including the blur tool. So, you want to blur an image in Paint 3D? Well, you simply can’t. Luckily, there are some alternatives.
You can blur images in Paint (however, in a not very direct way) and with the help of third-party tools. Then, import those blurred or pixelated images back in Paint 3D.
How to get pixelated images in Paint 3D
1. Use Paint
To blur an image in Paint, you need just to make it bigger to appear pixelated.
Of course, to pixelate and to blur an image are not the same thing, but if you want to hide a specific region from an image, such as an email address, this method might help.
- Open the Paint app.
- Select File and open the image you want to pixelate. Here we have an image with some alcohol bottles in the background. Let’s pixelate them!
- Click on Select from the toolbar, and then click on Rectangular selection.
- Make a rectangle on the picture.
- Click on a corner and make the rectangle small.
- Make the rectangle really large.
- If you’re not satisfied with the result, repeat the process a few times. It should look like in the image below.
- Now, simply copy the pixelated rectangle and paste it in the image in Paint 3D.
Use a third-party software
There are a lot of great image editing tools, but for this particular operation, we recommend one simple software. You don’t need Photoshop just to blur images, but you can try this one as well.
ShareX is one of the most popular tools when it comes to screenshots. As we all know, you often need to hide some information, such as names, email addresses or certain documents.
Therefore, the blur function is very easy to find.
Click on it and select the region you want to blur. Let’s blur the bottles from the upper-left side of the picture!
This is a more direct and simple method to blur images than the first one that uses Paint.
Now, you can save and import the picture in Paint 3D if you want to continue your work there.
If not, you can install one of these best photo-editing software to enhance your pictures!
Did you find these alternatives useful? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 best snipping tools for Windows users
- 10 best painting apps for Windows 10 you just need to try
- 7 best-advanced photo editing software for Windows PC
Jacquard fabrics are extremely beautiful and elegant designs that can transform the vibe of the room instantly. Because of this fact, through the ages, people […]
The Xbox Twitch app allows you to stream contents live from your console to your Twitch viewers. Sometimes, after making some changes like changing the […]