Browser will not allow copy and paste [QUICK & EASY FIXES]
Usually, copy and paste is a very simple action that can be performed by anyone, but now and then, your browser will not allow you to copy and paste text from certain websites. Furthermore, it won’t even let you select the content.
This can get pretty frustrating, especially if you need large chunks of text from a site for research purposes.
For more info on how to do that, check the steps below.
How to copy text from web pages if copy-paste won’t work
- Go to Settings > on the bottom click on Advanced > Privacy and security.
- Type about:config in the address bar > confirm if any message appears.
- Then you will see a list of Firefox preferences.
- Go to Settings > in the left side-panel select Websites.
- Launch Group Policy Editor > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge.
- Click OK.
2. Copy from the source code
- Press Ctrl + U on the desired page and you should see its code.
- Use Ctrl + F to navigate and find exactly what you need.
Note: Besides all the text you’ll see a lot of code, links to images, and other things, but it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to copy them for further use without jumping through few hoops.
3. Other useful methods
- Print the website to PDF and then access the content you need. We also have a guide on how to print to PDF so be sure to check it out.
- Take a screenshot of the site, if you’re more interested in photos, or use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for text.
That’s it. Hope that one of these solutions helped you copy the content you need. Remember that you can copy text and other content just for personal use.
If you’re aware of another method to copy content from websites that don’t allow it, share it in the comments section below along with any other questions you may have.
- Full Fix: Can’t Use Copy Paste In Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Full Fix: Do you want to allow this webpage to access your clipboard?
You have most likely encountered Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin message on your PC at least once. […]
Many Windows 10 users reported getting ads on Twitch with Adblock. This is an unusual problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to […]
Many Aventail VPN users have encountered the error message Aventail VPN is not connecting. This problem seems to occur no matter how the VPN service […]