- If you see a message saying, Your browser does not support WebGL, it means, either the function is not enabled in your browser, or you are using an older device.
- Therefore, you must check if the browser supports WebGL, if not then you can enable it for both PC and mobile devices.
To play WebGL-based 2D/3D games, or use online image editors, you would need a browser that offers support for this programming interface on both PC and mobile devices.
When trying to access WebGL-based websites or applications in your browser, you may often see the message, Your browser does not support WebGL.
It could be either because your Windows PC is using an older graphics card, or you are running an outdated browser version.
But if you are facing an unresponsive Chrome page error, we have some quick and effective solutions to fix the issue.
Does WebGL work on my browser?
Since WebGL uses your computer’s hardware acceleration capabilities, it can save computer resources and reduce the web page loading time.
But, the downside of this is that not all computers and browsers support it. In fact, some browsers may disable WebGL for certain GPUs and drivers to prevent stability issues.
In such a case, you can run a simple test using this quick online tool to detect if your browser offers support for WebGL 2.
Does WebGL work on Android?
Yes, WebGL 2.0 works on Android devices, however, on specific versions as mentioned below:
- Full support for Android browser versions 97-103; not supported on 2.3-4 versions
- Works with Opera Mobile 64-64; not supported on 10-12 versions
- Complete support for Chrome for Android versions 97-103; not supported on versions below 97
- Compatible with Firefox for Android versions 95-101; not supported on versions below 95
- Full support for Samsung Internet versions 7.2-17; not supported on 4-6.2 versions
Below are some of the best PC and mobile browsers that support WebGL 2.0 for both devices.
What are the best browsers that support WebGL?
Opera One emerges as one of the best browsers for those looking for a WebGL-compatible browser.
If you are running the latest version of the browser, for example, Opera One 74, WebGL is automatically enabled and offers 3D canvas graphics.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Besides, if you are using the Opera Mobile 10 browser, you can also experience faster web page loading, improved auto-rotation, and native keyboard input integration.
Some of its other key features include:
- Free built-in VPN
- Integrated ad-blocker
- Social media shortcuts on the sidebar
- Built-in messengers for a quick chat
- Snapshot tool, video pop-out, battery saver, and more
Opera OneGet dedicated support for WebGL and load any page fast with this optimized browser.
Google Chrome – Highly customizable browser
Chrome is known for its super-efficient hardware acceleration feature that helps it to manage graphic-intensive tasks effortlessly.
Google Chrome is a highly customizable browser, which makes it super easy to change the graphic settings to suit your needs.
Moreover, with Chrome for Android, you can expect hardware accelerated canvas, support for requestAnimationFrame, HTML features, and more.
Below are some of its other major features:
- Incognito mode for private browsing
- Option to cast your screen
- Built-in Google search page with Omnibox
- Create and manage passwords automatically
- Quick image viewer
Microsoft Edge – Enhanced GPU-intensive gaming experience
Another great browser in the list that offers support for WebGL is Microsoft Edge which offers a flawless viewing experience.
Edge off-loads all the graphically demanding tasks to the GPU for an improved browsing experience.
You can even force Edge to use your preferred GPU for enhanced performance. Best of all, you can change the graphics settings for every app.
Here are some of its other notable features:
- Revamped user interface
- Create profiles and share the browser
- Tracking prevention for web trackers
- Compatible with Chrome extensions
- Supports Progressive Web Apps technology
Mozilla Firefox – Fast graphics acceleration
With WebGL working in tandem with the Firefox graphics capabilities, you can enjoy 3D games and a whole new kind of visualization experience online.
Among its other important features are:
- Fast graphics acceleration
- Protection from phishing and auto-install
- Live bookmarks
- Tabbed browsing
- Integrated web search
Undoubtedly the best browser for Apple devices (both Mac and iOS), Safari comes with the WebGL feature enabled by default.
However, if you are using a system that may be susceptible to a security risk due to WebGL, you may have to enable the feature manually.
The browser runs on the Webkit engine that delivers superior graphics, runs Java scripts, and renders fonts and page layouts flawlessly.
Below are some of its other significant features:
- Apple silicon offers max speed
- Enhanced power efficiency
- Supports streaming of 4K videos
- Built-in privacy protection
What do you do when your browser doesn’t support WebGL?
If the browser does not support WebGL, you would need to enable it in its configurations as shown below:
Enable WebGL in Firefox
- Launch Opera and navigate to the below path:
- Next, click on Browsers on the left.
- On the right, scroll down and under System, turn on Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Click on Relaunch to restart Opera.
Restart Firefox and check if WebGL is now working in your browser.
Likewise, you can enable WebGL for other browsers also, like, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
But, if your browser still does not support WebGL, you can try the solutions mentioned in our detailed post for all browsers.
Once WebGL is enabled, you can refer to our recommendations and download a browser that supports WebGL to continue.
However, if your browser could not allocate enough memory for WebGL, you can follow our comprehensive guide for quick solutions.
If you have any other queries related to browsers, you can leave a message in the comments box below.