Many people enjoy playing simple games on Windows 10, and one of these games is Clicker Heroes. This game is extremely popular, but it also has certain issues, and today we’re going to fix these issues on Windows 10.
How can I solve Clicker Hero issues on Windows 10?
- Clicker Heroes save problem
- Clicker Heroes can’t connect
- Clicker Heroes crash
- Clicker Heroes not loading
- Clicker Heroes black screen
Clicker Heroes save problem
Solution 1 – Disable Flash plugin in Chrome
It has been reported that Clicker Heroes has a saving problem when using Google Chrome, and not being able to save your progress can be a big problem.
In order to fix this problem, you can always switch to a different browser when playing Clicker Heroes, but that isn’t always the best solution, especially if you want to keep using only one browser.
Another solution is to disable Flash plugin in Chrome, and to do that, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Chrome and click the Menu button in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- When Settings window opens, scroll down and click on Advanced settings.
- In Privacy section click on Content settings button.
- Scroll down to Flash section and click on it.
- Uncheck the Ask first (recommended).
- Restart Chrome and check if the problem is resolved.
If the problem still persists, you might want to temporarily switch to a different browser when playing Clicker Heroes.
Solution 2 – Delete Clicker Heroes session files from your computer
If you play Clicker Heroes on two different Steam accounts, sometimes you might access save game from another account, even if you’re not logged in to that account.
This is a strange problem, but you can fix it doing this:
- Make sure that Steam is closed.
- Press Windows Key + R and type %appdata%. Press Enter or click OK.
- When App Data folder opens, find com.playsaurus.clickerheroes AccountSO.sol folder. The folder name might be different on your computer, so keep that in mind.
- Delete that folder, or move it to Desktop so you can use it for backup.
- Start Steam and run Clicker Heroes again. Your save should be downloaded from the cloud.
Clicker Heroes can’t connect
Solution 1 – Use incognito tab
Players have reported that Clicker Heroes can’t connect to the server, and this is a big problem because you won’t be even able to play the game.
In order to fix this issue, some users are suggesting that you should start the game in incognito tab. To do that in Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click the More icon in the top right corner.
- From the menu choose New incognito window. In addition, you can open Incognito window by pressing Ctrl + Shift + N on your keyboard.
- When Incognito window opens, start the game and see if the issue is resolved.
Even if you don’t use Google Chrome, you can access Incognito mode / private browsing in any modern browser by following similar steps.
Solution 2 – Restart your browser
Sometimes these types of issues can be caused by your browser, and if Clicker Heroes can’t connect to the server, perhaps you just need to close your browser and start it again.
This is the simplest solution, but few users have reported that this solution has fixed their problems.
Solution 3 – Clear your cache
If Clicker Heroes can’t connect to the server, maybe the issue is caused by your browser cache, so you need to clear it.
Users have reported that issue was resolved after clearing cache in their browser, so let’s see how to clear cache in Google Chrome:
- Click More icon in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- In Settings tab click on Show advanced settings.
- Go to the Privacy section and click on Clear browsing data button.
- When Clear browsing data dialog opens, make sure to choose Advanced and Time range is set to All time. Check Cookies and other site data, Caches images and files and Hosted app data from the list.
- Click Clear browsing data button.
- Restart your browser and check if the issue is resolved.
We have shown you how to clear cache on Google Chrome, but the procedure is similar for all other modern browsers.
Clicker Heroes crash
Solution 1 – Start the game directly from Steam folder
Users have reported that Clicker Heroes crashes when they try to start it on their computer.
If you are getting Clicker Heroes has stopped working message while trying to start Clicker Heroes on Windows 10, you might need to start the game by running the game’s .exe file instead of launching it through Steam.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Make sure that Steam is closed.
- Go to Steam installation directory and open SteamApps folder. By default the location should be C:Program FilesSteamSteamApps.
- SteamApps folder contains all your Steam games, therefore you need to find Clicker Heroes folder in it. By default, Clicker Heroes should be located in SteamAppscommonClicker Heroes folder.
- Once you’ve found Clicker Heroes folder, open it and find Clicker Heroes .exe file. Run it, and the game should start without any problems.
Solution 2 – Disable or uninstall your antivirus software
Users have reported that Clicker Heroes sometimes crashes due to your antivirus or firewall software. In some cases, your antivirus can recognize Clicker Heroes as a harmful application, and this will cause Clicker Heroes to crash.
If you are experiencing crashes, you might want to temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall software in order to fix this problem.
In addition, make sure that you add Clicker Heroes to the list of exceptions in your antivirus and firewall application.
If that doesn’t help, you can temporarily remove your antivirus / firewall software.
Solution 3 – Run the game as administrator
If Clicker Heroes crashes on your PC, you could fix this issue by running it as administrator. To do that, follow these simple steps:
Users have reported that this method is working for them, but you’ll have to repeat this process every time you want to play Clicker Heroes. If you want to make this process a bit more straightforward, do the following:
- Right click Clicker Heroes .exe file and choose Properties.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Make sure that you check Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Now Clicker Heroes will always start with administrator privileges . If you launch Clicker Heroes through Steam, you can set Steam to run with administrator privileges by following the same steps.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in March 2016 and was revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.