- Cloning your operating system before any major venture is the best way to make sure you have a backup solution.
- The list below will be showcasing the best tools that you can use to duplicate Windows 10.
- Check out more alternatives to secure your data in our Backup Software Hub.
- Don't be shy to explore our Data Recovery Guides as well.
Speaking of which, there are numerous software packages that you can use to set up a Windows 10 ISO.
A Windows 10 ISO is an image, or exact copy, of the platform. In other words, it’s a clone of the Windows 10 system disk. When you have set up a Win 10 ISO, you can then save it to a USB drive or CD/DVD recovery disc.
These are some of the best software packages to clone Windows 10.
What is the best cloning software?
Acronis True Image 2020 is a go-to solution for anyone that wants to create a complete and identical copy of their current Windows 10, which they can use for future rollbacks and backups.
Of course, what makes this tool exceptional is that it doesn’t simply create a copy, it manages to filter out any elements that may have forced you to create copies in the first place.
For example, Acronis True Image 2020 comes with proven anti-malware technology, allowing for efficient safeguarding of all of your data, apps and systems.
These include AI to stop ransomware and crypto-jacking in real-time, as well as blockchain data notarization.
As for the backup component, Acronis True Image 2020 provides users with an intuitive and comfortable UI, so creating copies and backups isn’t something that will give you any headaches.
Here are some of the perks of using Acronis True Image 2020:
- Intuitive UI
- Constantly updated
- Provides you with cloud backup and recovery
- Combines state-of-the-art anti-malware and backup technology
- Supports mirror imaging, disk cloning, and all‑in‑one recovery drives
- Now available at a special discount price through our website for a limited time.
Acronis True Image 2020
Create a 1:1 copy of your Windows 10 in a fast and secure manner with this amazing backup tool.
TopTenReviews rates Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 17 Advanced the best disk imaging software for Windows.
This has a freeware edition that you can add to Windows 10, and other platforms, from the Paragon website, but it also has a payable version.
The utility includes a variety of options for complete disk backups.
One of the more unique options Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 17 Advanced has is its Backup Capsule. This enables users to sets up a reserved partition managed by the software for easy recovery.
Its backup wizard also enables you to set up filters to exclude temp, log, .exe, and other file types from the ISO.
As such, with those filters, you can compress the ISO. In addition, it also supports differential backups for ISO images.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 17 AdvancedA complete hard disk manager for backups, rollbacks, restores, and more, all within a single intuitive UI.
Another great tool that you can use to clone Windows 10 is AOMEI Partition Assistant. The tool allows you to resize or move your partitions, but you can also merge them.
The application allows you to clone disks and partitions, but you can also migrate your OS to an SSD drive.
Other partition management features such as partition creation, formatting and deletion are also supported. Of course, you can also split, extend, and recover your partition.
As for additional features, the application also allows you to convert your GPT or MBR disk. There’s also a bad sector and partition check available. If you want, you can also wipe the entire disk or partition using this tool.
AOMEI Partition Assistant is a great tool, and it’s available in Free and Pro version.
The Free version offers all aforementioned features, but if you want to get access to all features, you might want to consider purchasing the Pro version.
In the true style of AOMEI, the Backupper stays faithful to the company’s commitment to fighting data loss.
What’s more, just like other AOMEI products, our software of choice is easy to use, effective, and fast.
The UI design is entirely built having the end-user in mind, making the navigation as easy as a breeze and as productive as they get.
What’s more, the Backupper does more than provide a backup solution. This is an all-in-one software that you can use to backup, recover, sync, and clone data in a secure and reliable manner.
The tool uses 256-bit AES encryption which is the highest possible standard when it comes to data security and confidentiality.
You can use it to create bootable drives and rapidly deploy system images to multiple computers or clone multiple computers over the network.
This is one software that simplifies all your backup and recovery needs by centralizing all the major features in one single location.
With O&O DiskImage you can forget about data leaks or data loss. Choose to backup your entire PC (yes, it is possible to do so!) or specific files on a local level.
The tool also supports SSD drives and the latest UEFI System.
But there is more to it than backup, you can use O&O to restore your system and clone an entire PC or hard drive even when Windows is no longer responding/is unbootable.
Cloning Windows 10 isn’t that hard, especially if you have the proper software to do it. Speaking of cloning, in this article we’re going to cover the following topics:
- Clone Windows hard drive to SSD, to the new hard drive, to a new computer
- Cloning Windows 10 hard drive to a new SSD or hard drive is rather simple, and you should be able to do that by using one of the tools from our list.
- Windows 10 bootable clone
- Many users want to create a bootable clone of their Windows 10 drive.
- This is possible and rather simple to do as long as you have the proper software for it.
- Migrate Windows 10 to new hard drive
- If you purchase a new hard drive, you don’t have to install Windows 10 and all your applications again.
- Instead, you can migrate Windows 10 and all your files to a new hard drive using one of these applications.
- Clone Windows 10 hard disk, image, partition, system drive
- Creating a hard disk image is simple and straightforward, as long as you have the proper tool.
- Using these tools you can easily clone your system drive, any other partition, or your entire hard drive.
- Clone Windows 10 MBR to GPT
- In one of our previous articles, we explained how to convert MBR to GPT disk, but you can also do that using one of these tools.
These software packages have some of the best options for cloning Windows 10. They’ll give you a full Windows 10 ISO that you can add to CD/DVD or set up a bootable USB key with.
Or Mac users could set up Windows 10 in a virtual machine app with the ISO.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about creating clones of your OS
- What is OS cloning?
In simple terms, cloning an OS is the same as creating a backup, so the software used is pretty much the same.
- What can I do with a Windows 10 clone?
You can use the Windows 10 clone for rollbacks or backups to a previous state when your OS had fewer issues.
- Does Windows 10 have cloning software?
Windows 10 has a built-in Backup feature that allows you to create efficient clones of your current OS.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.