- Twitch is the world's best streaming platform for gamers created by gamers.
- Given its importance, we've created this guide to showcase the most common issues as well as fixes.
- To read more about Twitch and other similar services, check out our Streaming Hub.
- Avid gamers might also be interested in our website's Gaming section as well.
If you wonder how to fix the most common following issues on Twitch, you are not the only one. A large number of users have encountered issues with their following.
Twitch became one of the most used streaming platforms in the world. With the increase in the number of users, the number of reports of issues has increased as well.
In today’s article, we will find out the solutions to some of the most common issues reported on twitch in regard to the following. Please read on to find out the details.
Before proceeding with any of the troubleshooting steps written below, we would like to showcase a new Internet browser that seems like it was made with Twitch in mind.
Here comes Opera GX, the world’s first web browser for gamers, and currently the best one yet.
It features a fantastic-looking UI that can be customized in a variety of ways, just like the typical Opera browser.
More so, it features dedicated integrations with services such as Twitch, and the homepage itself takes you to the best gaming deals and freebies that you can get at that moment.
Thanks to this browser, you can finally enjoy your favorite gaming streams the way they were meant to be, error-free obviously.
Opera GXEnjoy an error-free Twitch experience and feel like a professional gamer with the world's first web browser for gamers.
How do I fix the most common following issues on Twitch?
1. Twitch followers not getting notifications
They created a Google Chrome and a Mozilla Firefox notification service. Once connected, it will show you all the notifications available, even if you don’t have the Twitch site or app opened on your PC.
Follow these steps to set it up:
- Open Chrome or Firefox on your PC.
- Visit Twitch.tv and log into your account.
- Click on your username -> click the drop-down menu -> select Settings.
- Select the Notifications tab -> click the box to enable browser notifications.
- Click Save.
- Click Yes on the browser pop-up asking you if you want to enable notifications.
2. Twitch following not working
If you can’t follow any new channels or people, it might be due to a glitch in Twitch servers. It is recommended that you uninstall your Twitch software, and download the latest version.
Even though this is not an official fix, it helped some users solve their issues, so it is worth a try.
2. Twitch followers not updating
If your Twitch software is updated, then it might be the case that the amount of Twitch followers that you gained actually unfollowed your account.
3. Twitch followers not showing up
This issue is a glitch caused by some changes that the Twitch developers are rolling out. The update allows you to toggle on and off the sidebar, and even show extended details about your followers.
In order to work around this issue, please check that your browser is not zoomed in too much. You can check that by pressing the Ctrl and – and + keys on your keyboard at the same time.
Even though not all the options presented in this list are fixes, we hope that this article has given you a better understanding of why some issues with the Following on Twitch might arise.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September 2019 and was revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.