Twitch error code 4000: Resource format not supported [FIX IT NOW]
Twitch is one of the biggest and most advanced online streaming platforms.
At the beginning, Twitch used to be based around the gaming industry, allowing gamers to live stream their gameplay. Meanwhile, the platformdeveloped the IRL streaming section and expanded to eSport competitions broadcasts as well.
Unfortunately, from time to time, Twitch is affected by various errors. Error 4000: Resource format not supported is known to disable audio while streaming.
In order to fix the issue, we compiled this list of fixes.
How can I fix Twitch error code 4000?
- Play the stream in the pop-up player
- Try refreshing the stream
- Close other active media players
- Remove audio hardware
- Change Google Chrome’s autoplay setting
- Use the Twitch Desktop App
Need a simpler solution?
If you don’t want to go through all the troubleshooting steps listed above, there is a simpler solution that you can try.
UR Browser automatically blocks cookies and other trackers which translates into faster browsing speeds. This is great if you spend a lot of time streaming online content on Twitch.
So, if you don’t feel comfortable troubleshooting Twitch on your default browser, download UR Browser now.
On the other hand, if you’ve got the time and skills, and you want to stick to your current browser, then follow the instructions listed below.
Steps to fix Twitch resource format not supported
1. Play the stream in the pop-up player
Many users report error 4000 not occurring when opening the stream in the Twitch pop-up player. Although it is not a permanent fix for the issue, you should try to use the pop-up player to watch your favorite stream.
To open the pop-up player follow these simple steps:
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the stream
- Select Popup Player.
2. Try refreshing the stream
Sometimes, while waiting for the stream to open, different issues could appear stopping your internet access briefly.
Performing the simple task of page refreshing could fix the issue. To refresh the stream, simply press the Ctrl + R buttons on your keyboard or click the refresh icon on your browser.
3. Close other active media players
Closing other active media players while trying to watch a stream is an important aspect to be aware of.
Sometimes other media players interfere with the stream audio. The resources needed to play the stream are already in use and can’t be used to play the audio on Twitch.
To make sure that you close all the media players, we advise using the Task Manager. Complete this task by doing so:
- To open the Task Manage, right click Taskbar and selectTask Manager
- In the Task Manager windo,select each media player and click End process
- Close the Task Manager and try reloading the stream to see if it works.
4. Remove audio hardware
Remove the hardware from your PC and try loading the stream again. If the error goes away, you can then plug your audio hardware back in.
5. Change Google Chrome’s autoplay setting
Try changing Chrome’s autoplay settings so that you have to manually play the video files in your browser.
To change the autoplay settings follow these steps:
- Have a blank page open in Google Chrome
- Click the address bar and type chrome:flags then press Enter on your keyboard
- Search for the Autoplay policy > select Document user activation is required
- Restart Google Chrome and try to open the stream again.
6. Use the Twitch Desktop App
If you can’t get the Twitch streams to open in Google Chrome, your last resort would be trying to download the desktop app.
The Twitch Desktop App is known to have many improvements compared to the web version of Twitch.
As it is a stand-aloneapp, it brings better responsiveness and offers some extra tools and features.
We hope that you could find a fix for this Twitch error from our list of solutions. If you know any other methods of fixing error code 4000, feel free to share it in the comment section below.
- 7 solutions to fix Twitch error 2000 for good
- What to do if Twitch chat isn’t loading
- How to fix Twitch buffering issues
The Adobe Suite is one of the most complete packages for a video/photo editor to use. It packs a lot of features in multiple apps […]
Bitdefender is one of the popular antivirus solutions for Windows 10 users. However, some Windows 10 users have reported that they are unable to install […]
Windows 10 May Update is now available to the general public. Although Microsoft tried their best to make this new update an unmatched experience in […]