Error fetching your channel information on Twitch [EXPERT FIX]
Twitch is one of the most used and appreciated streaming services available on the market, but a large number of users reported Error fetching your channel information. This error usually occurs for users that work with both Twitch and Streamlabs OBS.
This error can be very frustrating especially if you dabble in gaming streaming, or if you want to see the latest streams from the channels you follow. For these reasons, in this article we will explore some quick fixes for this issue. Please make sure to follow the steps presented here in the order that they are written in.
How can I fix Error fetching your channel information message on Twitch? First off, you need to start both Streamlabs and Twitch with administrative privileges. In case that doesn’t work, start run Auto Optimizer in the Streamlabs OBS to fix this issue.
How to fix the Error fetching your channel information
- Restart app with administrator privileges
- Run auto-optimizer if you’re logged into Streamlabs OBS with Twitch
- Check if your stream key is correct
1. Restart app with administrator privileges
To fix Error fetching your channel information, you just need to start Twitch with administrative privileges. To do that, follow these steps:
- Inside Streamlabs OBS, click on the Logout button found at the left of your screen.
- Click OK.
- Click the X button at the top right of your screen to close Streamlabs OBS.
- Right-click on the Streamlabs OBS icon on your desktop, and select Run as administrator.
- Log back into Streamlabs OBS using your Twitch account, and try to see if the error persists.
2. Run auto-optimizer if you’re logged into Streamlabs OBS with Twitch
Another way to fix Error fetching your channel information Twitch error is to run the Auto Optimizer. To do that, follow these steps:
- Inside Streamlabs, click on the cog wheel Settings button.
- Inside the General tab, click on Run Auto Optimizer button.
- The optimization process will now start.
- When the optimization process is complete, click on Next.
Note: If the problem still persists, please follow the next steps presented in this list.
3. Check if your stream key is correct
- Log into Twitch, click on your profile picture, and select Creator Dashboard from the drop-down menu.
- In the left panel, select Channel, and then click on Show key.
- Now that you have your Twitch Stream key, open up Streamlabs OBS.
- Click on the Settings cogwheel.
- Click on Stream tab, then paste the copied Twitch stream key, and select Done.
In this article we explored some of the best methods to deal with the Error fetching your channel information message. Try all of our solutions and feel free to let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section below.
- What to do if Twitch chat isn’t loading
- How to fix video streaming problems in Windows 10
- Happy broadcasting with these 4 live streaming software for Twitch
While trying to make changes to the Power BI Service database like adding additional tables to the SQL database, Power BI users may encounter various […]
When it comes to organizing and visualizing data, Power BI is a great tool. However, there are situations in which certain information must remain hidden. […]
A wide number of users have reported the error message saying We couldn’t save your tab settings inside Microsoft Teams. The error is usually caused […]