- The computer trusted platform has malfunctioned issue seems to be caused by a corruption of the Trusted Platform Module.
- To start fixing this issue, simply clear your TPM keys, and then follow the next methods described.
- Don't forget to bookmark our comprehensive Fix Hub for more useful information on this topic.
- Check out our thorough Windows 10 Troubleshooting section for more easy-to-follow guides, tips, and tricks.
Update: it seems that this error could be triggered by the new PC Health Check app released by Microsoft that allows to quickly check whether your PC is upgradeable to Windows 11. We believe at least some of the quick tips from below should fix the issues.
This can be a big problem since it can compromise your system’s security, therefore in today’s article, we’ll show you how you can fix this problem once and for all on your system.
Outlook 2016 with Office 365 account keeps prompting for password. After entering it, an error pops up “Your computer’s Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned. If this error persists, contact your system administrator with the error code 80090030.
How can I fix Your computer trusted platform has malfunctioned error?
1. Clear your TPM keys
- From your Start Menu, type Windows Defender and click on it.
- When Windows Defender opens, navigate to the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select Device security, and then click on the Security processor details.
- Click Security processor troubleshooting.
- Next, click on Clear TPM.
- Restart your machine after you’re done.
2. Switch TPM on or off
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
- Once the Run dialog opens, type tpm.msc in the box and press Enter.
- Click the Action panel, select Turn TPM Off.
- Restart your machine and check if the problem is resolved.
3. Prepare your TPM
- Follow the steps from the previous solution.
- Click on Prepare your TPM in the right side corner of the module window.
- Confirm any dialogs and restart your PC once you’re done.
4. Disable Hyper-V
- Open Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs and Features.
- Next, you’re going to click on the Turn Windows features on-off.
- Now find the Hyper-V option and unmark it.
- Simply click OK to save your changes and restart your machine.
We hope that these solutions helped you fix Your computer trusted platform has malfunctioned error on your PC. If you found our solutions helpful, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to fix this error message,find out what to do if you cannot load the management console guide.
Yes, it is good to clear the TPM, but it is recommended that you back up your system before doing it.
Clearing the TPM deletes all the information stored in the TPM, but it will not affect the files you have stored on your hard-drive.