How to fix corrupted cbs.log in a few simple steps
Corruption of system files isn’t something you can sweep under a rug and continue with standard use. Those need to be dealt with and as soon as possible. One error like that informs users who run System File Checker that the cbs.log file is corrupt.
The corrupted cbs.log file can mean a variety of things, neither of them good. That’s why you need to address this and we explained how to do it below.
How to fix corrupt cbs.log in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Scan for malware and run SFC once again
System File Checker will is a tool which will register corruption of system files and provide you with some insight. However, it won’t deal with some of them on its own, as they might require additional actions.
Here’s how to run a deep offline scan with Windows Defender:
- Open Windows Defender from the taskbar notification area.
- Choose Virus & threat protection.
- Choose Scan options.
- Select Windows Defender Offline Scan.
- Save everything you’re doing as this mode will restart the PC.
- Click Scan now.
Afterward, open Command Prompt as administrator and run sfc /scannow again to confirm that the error is addressed. If that’s not the case, move to additional steps.
Solution 1 – Run DISM
If your PC is malware-free but you’re still stuck with the same error, we suggest running DISM alongside the System File Checker utility. The Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool should fix all system corruption with rather ease.
Here’s how to run DISM along SFC via the elevated Command Prompt:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- In the command-line, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- After its done, type the following command and press Enter after each:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Reboot your PC when everything ends.
Solution 2 – Reset your PC to factory settings
Finally, if you see negative results once again and there are signs of system issues, we suggest resetting your PC to factory settings and moving from there. This operation will indeed relieve you of all installed applications, but you at least get to keep your files.
Here’s how to reset your PC to factory values on Windows 10:
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Choose Update & Security section.
- Select the Recovery from the left pane.
- Under the “Reset this PC” option, click Get started.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Don’t forget to tell us whether these helped you or not in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- You can fix corrupted OBS files using these two quick methods
- How to fix corrupted memory dump effectively and efficiently
- How to fix corrupted images online [Best tools to use in 2018]
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]