Here’s how to customize what opens when you launch Edge
The adoption rate of Microsoft Edge is slowly but surely increasing, as more and more users upgrade to Windows 10. If you haven’t used Edge before, we’re going to list a quick how-to guide to show you how to customize what opens when you launch Edge.
This feature comes in very handy because it immediately launches the websites you frequently visit.
How to set what pages open when you launch Edge
1. Launch the Edge browser
2. In the upper right-hand corner, click on the More menu > go to Settings
3. Under the Open with option, there are four launch options available:
- Start page: this is the standard launch page on Edge, which displays information about the weather in your area, as well as top news
- New tab page: this option launches a blank new tab
- Previous pages: this option restores the pages from your previous session
- A specific page or pages: if there’s a website you frequently visit, you can use this option to open the respective page(s) every time you launch Edge
- Select the option Enter a URL field
- Type the URL of the website you want to add
- Click Save.
Set several websites to open when you launch Edge
- Launch Edge
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on the More menu > go to Settings
- Click Add new page
- Type the URL of the websites you want to open
- Click the Save button. The pages you added will open each time you launch the Edge browser.
For more information about Microsoft Edge, you can check out Microsoft’s Support page. There you’ll find a series of guides on how to get started with the Edge browser.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Edge browser gets massive update to load webpages much faster
- Microsoft Edge now blocks Flash by default and makes it click-to-run
- Microsoft Edge gets new Ghostery and RoboForm extensions
The DNS server, short for Domain Name Server is where the management, maintenance and processing of Internet domain names take place. Or in simple terms, […]
Getting the perfect gift for FIFA fans is actually an easy job. Basically, you get them anything related to their favorite game and you’ll make […]
Microsoft added Tablet mode to Windows 10 primarily for 2-in-1 laptops and tablets, such as the Surface Pro. Tablet mode displays a start screen from […]