Having the yellow bard in internet explorer for Windows 8 and Windows 10 can be very helpful in some situations because this is meant to explain any sorts of errors that you might get during your use of Internet explorer and one of the most important message that might appear is the “To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer” which notifies you if you try to access any potentially harmful download files.
So basically the information bar is exactly the yellow warning bar you get in Windows 8 to notify you for any issues that might happen during your operating time. This bar is situated in the upper side of Internet explorer for Windows 8 or Windows 10 but we can very quickly disable it by following the tutorial posted a couple of rows below.
Steps on how to disable yellow warning bar in Windows 8 and Windows 10
Before we start the tutorial below I will have to tell you that it is not recommended to turn off all the warning messages seeing that some of them are very useful in protecting your device from unwanted programs or viruses.
- Left click on the “Start” button you have in the lower right side of the Desktop in Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- In the search box you are presented there you will need to type “Internet Explorer”.
- Left click on the “Internet Explorer” icon you have in that search list.
- Now that Internet Explorer is open you will have to left click or tap on the “Tools” feature situated in the upper left side of Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu you will need to left click or tap on the “Internet Options” feature.
- Left click or tap the “Security” tab you have in the upper side of the “Internet Options” window.
- Left click or tap on the “Custom level” feature presented in the “Security” tab.
- You will be presented with a list of options in which you will have to search for “Automatic prompt for ActiveX controls”.
- After you find the feature above you need to left click or tap on it and disable it in order to prevent any further messages from this part.
Note: You will have to do this for every kind of message that you get in the yellow warning bar in order to disable it.
- After you left clicked on that feature you need to left click again on the “OK” button you have in the lower side of the window.
- Left click or tap on “Yes” to confirm the change you made.
- Left click on the “OK” button to save the change you made.
So you have above the method on how to disable the warning yellow bar in Internet explorer for any kind of message that pops up in Windows 8 or Windows 10. You can write us in the comments section situated a few rows below for any questions on this article.