- Users can't make any video calls with Discord when their camera's don't work with that .
- Disconnecting any other USB devices has shown to resolve this issue in some cases.
- To ensure a quick and efficient resolution of your Discord issues, using a specialized driver updater software can make a huge difference.
- Modifying your camera settings can also show good results when paired with all the other suggested solutions.
Discord is a messaging app that users can utilize their cameras with for video calls.
However, some users have posted on forums about the Discord camera not working for them. Consequently, those users can’t utilize their cameras with Discord.
Why is my camera not working on Discord?
In some cases, Discord simply might not be detecting user webcams. However, other users have said they see black screens even though Discord detects and seemingly can access their cameras.
Those are slightly different scenarios, but users can’t utilize their cameras with the Discord software either way.
Discord camera unavailable issues can arise when cameras aren’t properly connected or installed. However, such issues can also be due to outdated webcam drivers.
If you see black screens in Discord even when your camera seemingly is available, your Discord software installation might be corrupted. Or you might be utilizing an outdated Windows 10 build version.
How can I fix the Discord camera not working?
Discord not detecting camera
1. Update your webcam’s drivers
When Discord can’t detect (or access) a webcam, updating the camera’s drivers might resolve the issue.
You can do that with DriverFix, which is driver updater software that makes updating drivers a breeze. DriverFix will quickly scan your PC and list any devices with outdated drivers.
If DriverFix shows that your webcam’s driver needs updating, you can click an Update button to download the driver.
When utilizing DriverFix Pro, you can also select an Automatically Install option. That option will save you needing to manually extract and install the driver with its setup wizard.
Other useful features:
- A Download Manager displays download progress
- DriverFix’s database includes more than 18 million drivers
- Notifies users when there are new driver updates
- Users can schedule scans with DriverFix’s schedule manager
- DriverFix’s webpage provides live chat support
Fix your Discord camera not working in just a few minutes with this great software.
2. Check the camera app access settings
- Press the Windows and S keys at the same time to open the search box.
- Type camera settings in your Windows search box.
- Click Choose which apps can access your camera to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Toggle the Allow apps to access your camera option on if it’s disabled.
3. Turn off Hardware Acceleration in Discord
- Open your Discord app.
- Click the User Settings button.
- Click Appearance on the left of Discord’s window to open the options shown directly below.
- Turn off the Hardware Acceleration option.
- Click the Okay button to confirm.
Discord camera black screen
1. Launch Discord as an administrator
- Click the Type here to search taskbar button in Windows 10.
- Enter the keyword Discord in the Type here to search box.
- Right-click Discord to open the context menu shown directly below.
- Then select the Run as administrator option to launch Discord.
2. Update Windows 10 to the latest build version
- Open Windows 10’s search tool.
- Input the keyword update in the search box.
- Click Check for updates to open the Settings app as in the shot directly below.
- If a build update is available, click Download and install.
- Click Check for updates to download the latest patch updates if a new Windows 10 version isn’t available.
3. Unplug other USB devices
If you’re trying to utilize Discord with an external USB camera, unplug all other USB devices (including the mouse) from their ports.
After restarting Windows, only plug in your USB camera. Try connecting the camera with all your PC’s USB ports if it still doesn’t work with Discord.
4. Reinstall the Discord software
- Right-click the Start button on the left side of Windows 10’s taskbar.
- Click Apps & Features to open Settings as shown directly below.
- Next, select the Discord app.
- Press the Uninstall button and confirm by clicking Uninstall again.
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously and type %appdata% in the dialog that opens.
- Right-click the Discord folder in File Explorer and select Delete.
- Enter %LocalAppData% in Run’s text box and press Return to open the Local folder.
- Right-click the Discord folder in Local to select Delete.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
- Click Download for Windows on the Discord website, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Those are some of the potential resolutions that can fix camera issues for the Discord software.
If you still need more potential fixes, however, send a support ticket from Discord’s Submit a request page.
There’s also a Discord web app you can utilize in browsers by clicking the Open Discord in your browser button.