How to use DNS server 184.108.40.206 on your Windows 10 PC [QUICK GUIDE]
Cloudfare has taken another challenge as part of their mission to make the Internet better, more secure, more reliable and more efficient. The company recently announced the launch of DNS 220.127.116.11 — the Internet’s fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service.
Cloudflare is a Global Network service provider offering one of the best DDoS protection software. In 2014 they made encryption free for all customers and last year they made DDoS mitigation free and unmetered across all of their plans.
After that, a new service was launched to offer a fast secure alternative to VPN. Read more about this in our article ‘Corporate VPN era is coming to an end as Cloudflare Access rises‘.
The new privacy-focused DNS service 18.104.22.168
You might have read in our articles that your ISP can also sell your browsing data. And this is legal in many parts of the world. Now, you can secure your connection from the directory of the Internet.
Heading to take on Google’s 22.214.171.124 alternate DNS provider, Cloudflare’s set their focus on privacy.
They’ve stated to never log your IP address (the way other companies identify you). And have retained KPMG to audit their systems annually to ensure that they’re doing what they promise.
The independent DNS monitor performance and analytics places 126.96.36.199 to be the Internet’s fastest DNS directory in the world as you can see below.
DNS server is a crucial component of the Internet. If you want to access any website on the Internet, you need to access the DNS server first.
After DNS server receives your request, you’ll be directed to the desired website. Thus, choosing the fastest DNS directory across all your devices will increase the speed of your access online.
How to setup DNS server 188.8.131.52 on Windows 10
Everyone can do this setting without technical expertise and you can follow the guide below to do it:
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu
- Go to Network and Internet
- Go to Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click your Wi-Fi network > go to Properties
- Navigate to Internet Protocol Version 4 or Version 6 depending on your network configuration
- Go to Properties
- Write down the existing DNS server settings
- Enter the following DNS settings:
- Replace those addresses with the 184.108.40.206 DNS addresses:
– For IPv4: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
– For IPv6: 2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001
- Click OK and restart the browser.
If you can’t open Control Panel, take a look at this step-by-step guide to find a solution. Also, if IPV4 proprieties won’t work on your Windows 10 PC, don’t worry. We’ve got the right solution for you.
If you set it up on your router, all your devices connected will use the new DNS from Cloudfare. You can read more about the launch, technical details and company’s mission on Cloudfare’s blog.
The main concern in the digital world still is on privacy and security.
We can see improvements along, also the fast-approaching release of new Windows updates which bring new privacy settings, but we have to keep our eyes open and stay informed.
As always, for more questions and suggestions, reach for the comments section below.
- Fix This: ‘Your DNS Server Might be Unavailable’ in Windows 8, 8.1, 10
- SOLVED: ExpressVPN DNS errors when launching the tool
- 4 best privacy breach detection software to keep your data safe in 2018
- Data privacy transparency is what makes users trust or mistrust companies
Tumbler is a popular social media website that allows its users to create blogs and share their content with others. More than 465 million people […]