How to use DNS server 18.104.22.168 on your Windows 10 computer
Cloudfare has taken another challenge as part of their mission to make the Internet better, more secure, more reliable and more efficient. The company recently announced the launch of DNS 22.214.171.124 — the Internet’s fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service.
Cloudflare is a Global Network service provider offering one of the best DDoS protection software. In 2014 they made encryption free for all customers and last year they made DDoS mitigation free and unmetered across all of their plans.
Earlier this year, a new service was launched to offer a fast secure alternative to VPN. Read more about this in our article ‘Corporate VPN era is coming to an end as Cloudflare Access rises‘.
The new privacy-focused DNS service 126.96.36.199
You might have read in our articles that your ISP can also sell your browsing data. And this is legal in many parts of the world. Now, you can secure your connection from the directory of the Internet.
Heading to take on Google’s 188.8.131.52 alternate DNS provider, Cloudflare’s set their focus on privacy. They’ve stated to never log your IP address (the way other companies identify you). And have retained KPMG to audit their systems annually to ensure that they’re doing what they promise.
The independent DNS monitor performance and analytics places 184.108.40.206 to be the Internet’s fastest DNS directory in the world as you can see below.
After DNS server receives your request, you’ll be directed to the desired website. Thus, choosing the fastest DNS directory across all your devices will increase the speed of your access online.
How to setup DNS server 220.127.116.11 on Windows 10
Everyone can do this setting without technical expertise and you can follow the guide below to do it,
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu
- Go to Network and Internet
- Go to Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click your Wi-Fi network > go to Properties
- Navigate to Internet Protocol Version 4 or Version 6 depending on your network configuration
- Go to Properties
- Write down the existing DNS server settings
- Enter the following DNS settings:
- Replace those addresses with the 18.104.22.168 DNS addresses:
– For IPv4: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
– For IPv6: 2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001
- Click OK and restart our browser.
If you set it up on your router, all your devices connected will use the new DNS from Cloudfare. You can read more about the launch, technical details and company’s mission on Cloudfare’s blog.
The main concern in the digital world still is on privacy and security. We can see improvements along, also the fast-approaching release of Windows Spring Creators Update which brings new privacy settings, but we have to keep our eyes open and stay informed.
- Fix This: ‘Your DNS Server Might be Unavailable’ in Windows 8, 8.1, 10
- SOLVED: ExpressVPN DNS errors when launching the tool
- 4 best privacy breach detection software to keep your data safe in 2018
- Data privacy transparency is what makes users trust or mistrust companies
Microsoft is back again with another major feature update. The tech giant officially released Windows 10 May 2019 Update a few days ago. The big […]
Windows 10 users can now download the stable version of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (aka Windows v1903). This update brings some unique features and […]
With the Windows 10 version 1903 barely upon us, some issues seem to come up more than others. A part of them are affecting the […]