- Do you want to know how to download Snapchat without the App Store?
- While the popular messaging app technically caters only to mobile users, you can use it on PC or Mac as well.
- In order to access Snapchat on your computer, open the website in your browser or get an Android emulator.
Snapchat is on the rise and its popularity lures more and more users on a daily basis. What’s so unique about it and why should you know how to download Snapchat without the App Store?
It’s the ephemeral nature of the items you share that aims to replicate the natural interaction flow. It’s all about instant communication whether we’re talking about chats, photos, live videos, stories, memories, and so on – the recipient can only hold on to it temporarily before it vanishes forever.
Yet another characteristic that distinguishes Snapchat from conventional social networks and messaging apps is its mobile-based architecture.
By default, Snapchat caters to smartphone users and is only available for download via the Google Play store on Android, respectively the Apple App Store on iOS.
Can I open Snapchat on my computer? You can only download Snapchat for iOS or Android as of now, but we’re glad to confirm that desktop users are no longer to be deprived of this perk.
Can I get on Snapchat without the app?
The short answer is yes. Thanks to Opera One, you can use Snapchat inside your browser without having to download the app on your device.
In case Snapchat is not downloading from the App Store or Play Store, this is the most common workaround to start enjoying the software again.
Moreover, some of you asked how to download Snapchat without a password. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for that specific issue. You will have to hit the Forgot your password button in order to retrieve access to your account.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Without further a do, let’s see how to use Snapchat without the app and note that the solutions below also work if you’re wondering how to download Snapchat without the App Store on iPhone. Keep on reading!
How can I download Snapchat without the app?
1. Use Snapchat in your browser
- Open the official Opera One download page, press the Download Opera button, and choose the location on your PC before hitting Save.
- Click the executable file and feel free to use the Options checkbox to further customize the installation if you want to. Then press Install.
- Your freshly installed browser should launch automatically. Use the URL address bar to search for the Snapchat website and open it.
- In the top left corner, you will see the Menu button. Click on it.
- Select Accounts from the list in order to sign in.
- Note that if you’re new to Snapchat, you’ll still have to create your account by using your phone.
Snapchat works on a browser too, both on mobile and on your PC. We recommend you log in using Opera One because it’s fast and light, so it supports the multimedia content in Snapchat with no effort.
Can I use Snapchat on the web?
You can use Snapchat online directly in your browser, even though the process is mainly designed for mobile users.
In fact, you can use it on Opera One, Chrome, or any other modern browser you fancy with the same effectiveness. However, the experience will be slightly limited.
While you will be able to use Snapchat on the web to view stories, chat, and explore the news feed, you won’t be able to upload content or take selfies.
2. Use an Android emulator to download Snapchat on your PC
- Open the official BlueStacks website in your browser.
- Next, click on the Download BlueStacks button and define the download location for the installation package.
- Press Save and then click the .EXE file to launch the installation process. Once the emulator is installed, open it and select the Play Store icon.
- Sign in with your Google account to sync the information.
- Open the store’s library and search for Snapchat.
- Click Install and wait for the magic to happen.
Now, we must stress that the latest versions of BlueStacks do not support Snapchat, so you might want to check out more options just to be on the safe side.
The first thing you can try is to search for an older version of BlueStacks that is compatible with the popular messaging app.
Can I use Snapchat on a laptop without Bluestacks? If you no longer wish to deal with BlueStacks, you can give LD Player a chance or explore more popular Android emulator alternatives for Windows 11 and 10.
Is Snapchat coming to Windows?
You might have heard or even seen it already – Windows 11 allows you to install and run Android apps and games on a computer alongside other Windows apps.
While this is an extremely appealing ability, the Windows Subsystem for Android works in collaboration with the Amazon App Store, not the Google Play Store.
In short, you can technically install the Amazon Appstore on Windows 11 (even outside the US) and download Android apps as APK files. However, (at least for now) the Amazon App Store does not have all the apps.
Such is the case with Snapchat which is not officially available in the Amazon Store and consequently not ready for Windows 11 out of the box.
Instead, there are other tempting Android apps that you can use on Windows 11 and they are available right now.
When it comes to how to get Snapchat without App Store or Play Store, the two best options remain the ones listed above.
Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.