The developer, Jose Manuel shared the Installer and Core package to install Windows on Pi on his GitHub page. According to the developer, Windows 10 can now easily be downloaded on Raspberry Pi using WoA. He further adds that WoA is very easy to use and requires only three things to install Windows on Pi.
These three essentials are:
- A Raspberry Pi 3 Model 3 or B+
- A microSD Card
- The official Windows 10 ARM64 image
That’s it. Isn’t it easy?
Jose Manuel also explains the procedure to install Windows on Pi. He says that WoA needs some Core Package to successfully install Windows 10 on Pi. In his words:
WoA installer is a tool that helps with the deployment” and “needs a set of binaries, AKA the Core Package, to do its job. […] these binaries are not mine and are bundled and offered just for convenience to make your life easier since this tool is focused on simplicity.
Steps to install Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi 3 using WoA
Windows 10 can be installed on Pi by following the given procedure:
- Download the Installer and Coke package
- Run WoA Installer
- Go to Advanced section and import core package
- Select the package
- Once you are done with the above procedure, you could use deploy option to install Windows.
Previously the ARM11 processor on Raspberry Pi could only run Windows loT and some Linux based operating systems. Windows 10 loT are the operating systems for small devices.
Raspberry Pi is a small computer which ideal for developers and browsing. However, with Windows 10 on ARM, these $40 computers can be tuned to function as a PC.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 of the best Raspberry Pi emulators for Windows PCs
- How to prevent the Raspberry Pi 3 from overheating