Some users prefer using voice recognition software and for some, their choice is Dragon Naturally Speaking. Although this is great software for voice recognition, some users report that Dragon NaturallySpeaking13 isn’t working on Windows 10.
How to Solve Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Problems in Windows 10
According to users Dragon Speaking Naturally is running, its process is available in Task Manager, but the main screen doesn’t appear. As you can see, this makes this software unusable on Windows 10, but there are few solutions that might help you fix this issue. Before we start, make sure that you update your Dragon Speaking Naturally to the latest version as well as your Windows 10. This will help you to deal with most incompatibility issues that you might have. If updating doesn’t help, try some of these solutions.
Solution 1 – Turn off Compatibility mode
Users report that with the latest version of Windows 10 Dragon Speaking Naturally doesn’t require Compatibility mode in order to run correctly. To disable Compatibility mode for Dragon Speaking Naturally do the following:
- Locate Dragon Speaking Naturally shortcut and right click it.
- Choose Properties from the list.
- Navigate to Compatibility tab and locate the Run this program in compatibilty mode for and uncheck it.
- Click OK to save the changes and try running the application again.
If you don’t have Compatibility mode turned on you might want to try running the application or installing it using the Compatibility mode.
Note: If you still have the key/ license of the program and you still can’t fix the issue, we strongly recommend you to go on the official website and get in touch with the team. You can check which version/price plan you have on this page. Don’t reinstall another version until you are sure that it will work with your key/license.
Solution 2 – Don’t run natspesk.exe as administrator
If turning off the compatibility mode didn’t solve the problem, you can try with NOT running natspesk.exe as administrator. If you’re not sure how to disable it, just follow these steps:
- Locate natspesk.exe. It should be located in your Dragon Speaking Naturally installation directory.
- Right-click natspesk.exe and choose Properties.
- Go to Compatibility tab and uncheck Run as administrator.
- Click Apply then OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and try running the application again.
Solution 3 – Use USB headphones
Some users report using USB headphones to fix the issues with Dragon Speaking Naturally software, so maybe you want to try using USB headphones to see if it fixes the problem.
That would be all if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, just reach for the comments section below.